Author Topic: A New Leaf Club 2011/2012  (Read 32395 times)

lighthouse33

Re: A New Leaf Club 2011/2012
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »
My project for this morning was changing my bedding.  Won't go into how long it has been since the sheets have been washed!  This was all done because I got a Cooling Blanket that I wanted to put on it.  It's supposed to make you sleep cooler.  If I like it I may get the sheets, pillows and mastress pad.  One reviewer wrote that she has terrible nerve pain and couldn't sleep but after she got the matress pad and blanket she can sleep through the night. 

Now that the bed is finished, I'm washing the sheets and blanket that will go into storage.  I will have to fold those.  Hope I get a second wind. 

My other project is walking.  I'm up to 9 minutes on the treadmill wearing 4 pounds in my walking weight vest.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

hootyhu1

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
Lighthouse! Good Job on the walking! you are one up on me :)

I need to change my bedding too.....it's been a while.

I am up to potty training my 2 year old, ugh! she did great today home with daddy. only 2 accidents, YAY!!!!!! I hope she is that good for me tomorrow!

-Hootyhu

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
Woohoo . . . today, I FINALLY got all the Christmas decorations taken back down to the basement and brought up all the spring decorations!   ;D

I love all the yellows and colorful Easter eggs I have throughout the house - sorry snowmen, you've been replaced!!   ;)   ;D

The other day I saw the 20/20 My Extreme Affliction program - WOW!!  Did anyone else see that program?  The part on the hoarding was just heartbreaking.  I know for myself, I keep too much stuff around the house, but nothing even remotely extreme like some of those people.

In fact, after watching that show, that makes me want to really downsize all the more!!

With garage sale season coming (not soon enough for me!!  ;)) - I want to be ruthless and haul a ton of stuff out to the garage and get rid of it.  I'd like to make some money off of all of it - but, when I'm done with the sale - I don't want to bring anything left over back into the house.

Speaking of selling . . . a couple weeks ago I put an ad on Craigslist for the old wardrobe I had bought at a sale last year.  It was a really unique, nice piece of furniture - but, I just didn't have room for it.  I got a call within a half hour of placing the ad and the person came and looked at it and bought it!!  Yay!!  (plus, I made double what I paid for it . . .  ;D)

Good luck to everyone else in their "new leaf" endevours.  Does anybody have any projects in the works?

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Meld256

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
Yeah, Bucky!!  The Christmas decor has been replaced by the spring decorations.  ;) ;) 8)

I didn't see the program you referred to, but I admit to watching those "hoarding" shows.  My husband thinks they're sort of disgusting, but I really find it interesting what makes someone behave that way.
(and it makes me think about what we have around that I could do without)  :-\

I suppose I have a project I am TRYING to get started on.  A small room off our kitchen, sort of a breakfast nook.  It has 4 windows and could be very nice, however since we moved here almost 4 years ago it has housed our computer desk, a file cabinet and a large glass-topped bar with 2 stools!  It's also become the "catch-all" for a case of water or box of soft drinks.  It's so sad!  :-[

My plan is to banish the bar/stools to the covered porch, which my husband is finally wrapping his mind around since he really likes the "thing."  Sell the desk and cabinet.  Put an outdoor bench we have (very comfy) at one set of windows and find a small dining table.   There's a wall full of cabinets on the other side with a counter, so we can actually have a dining area.  Whoo-hoo!  Some light-sage green on the walls and new curtains and I think it will be very pretty. 

NOW just to begin!  Gotta paint the ceiling, so any "atta girl's" you have will help me get it going.  ;D 8)

hootyhu1

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
Meld,

That sounds Fabulous!!!!!! I hope you get that going!-Hootyhu

Meld256

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »
Thanks, hooty!

Got as far as more color ideas today, but the big goal tomorrow is to start out on that ceiling. (too much weariness today)  My mantra will be "You can DO it!."   :D