Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 2708 times)

WildThing

Nightmares
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
Hope you don't mind my sharing but I fell asleep this afternoon and had a bad dream and now I feel horrible and wanted to write about it.  I've been thinking allot about my teenage years during  counselling I've been having and remembered a very good friend who I went to school with and stayed friends with until we were in our mid 20s or so.  It was funny because even if we didn't speak for ages whenever we spoke on the phone it was like we'd never been apart.  If I phoned her she used to sound thrilled to hear my voice it was lovely.  Then a load of bad stuff started happening to me and we lost touch after I moved.  I tried getting back in touch with her a few years ago but when we spoke on the phone ts time it was awkward and different.  I haven't spoken to her since then a few days ago I found her on facebook and set her a message.  Haven't head  back yet but basically my dream was about her and a bunch of other pole I knew going missing then I thought I saw her and she went running towards her husband and he took her home and I followed them because  though ti was odd that she just appeared out of nowhere and I wen into their home and reached out to touch her and when I did I knew it wasn't her it was some demonic creature pretending to be her but her husband wouldn't believe me.  Then I woke up.  I know it sounds a bit mad.  Don't really know what it means.  I feel awful though and just had to say something.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Dreams can seem so real. I also have a friend I have lost touch with but I've not been able to trace her. I have a feeling that if I did we would be worlds apart now though.

Losing touch with her is obviously preying on your mind. I hope she gets back to you through Facebook. Do post if she does.

Don't let the dream overcome reality!! Even if she does not get in touch she's not demonic!  ;)

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

WildThing

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
Yup I know she's not demonic  ::).  It's grieving a loss I guess.  Something I didn't allow myself to do before.

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »
Plaquenil gives me really weird, VIVID dreams if I take it right before bed. I had a nightmare that stayed with me for DAYS one time....so now I take it at lunch. That seems to help. Some websites say that unusually vivid dreams/nightmares are a side effect of Plaquenil.

I dunno if that could be a factor for you, but it definitely is for me. The dreams are close enough to reality to be very scary and disturbing, but weird enough to totally freak me out.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

Crymeariver

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
I need about 10 dream catchers in my bedroom.  Give her time to respond.  Not everyone lives on FB (like me).  Did you just send a request or message her?  A message might get more attention.

WildThing

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:03 PM »
Sleepy I used to think the nightmares were caused by Prozac but to be honest I think I'm just working stuff out from my system, subconcious isses that have been burried, they just seem to want to come up and make me take notice of them so I can heal and move on.

Katybarstool

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
This is really interesting - I have bizarre dreams - not frightening, but very odd. I've only recently wondered if they were caused by plaquenil. But, it's been very good for me, so weird dreams are a small price to pay.

Kathyx

WildThing

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
I sometimes dread going to sleep in case I have mad dreams but you have to sleep I guess.  Apparently it isn't an old wives tale btw that cheese can give you nightmares.

Katybarstool

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »
Wild thing

I hadn't thought of cheese - I'm eating cheese most days now, and I never even considered that. Thank you!

Kathyx

WildThing

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
Wild thing

I hadn't thought of cheese - I'm eating cheese most days now, and I never even considered that. Thank you!

Kathyx

It's ok to eat it in the day I think just don't eat it at night after say 6pm.  There is some chemical in it that triggers off some chemical in your brain, think I read it in one of Kindle books but I have difficultly remembering details.