Author Topic: the cost of meds  (Read 2000 times)

season

the cost of meds
« on: October 27, 2011, 08:43:31 PM »
It seems like everyone is struggling right now and I was wondering.......

Do you find yourself trying to stretch your meds?

Do you have to decide if you are going to buy medicine or pay a much needed bill?

The cost of everything is going up, up, up.

Virgi

Re: the cost of meds
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
Hello !

Ive had to stop buying Biotene products cuz I cant afford the spray, gel and toothpaste. So Im back to drinking water  in excess to alleviate but fear for my kidneys. Water is cheap though. Stopped buying Gabapentin too... only buying Methotrexate and Systane Ultra.... and using the vitamin E I stil lhave.... not buying Creatine for energy anymore -

Am going to government hospitals - cant afford private clinics either.

so sad!

Jozee

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
I find myself not buying groceries or something like that so I can get my meds. I have food in my cupboards so Im ok I just don't get more.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 02:04:45 AM »
What in the heck is this world coming to when we have to CHOOSE between food and Medicine??? 

Still in the hunt

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »
Its come to the point of drug companies squeezing every last dime out of you,, I cant buy anymore drugs,, I dont have drug insurance anymore,,, and I might as well give up on Doctors,, I cant afford the co pays and the deductibles,, I think they want you to cork off so they can pay there 100% ona  annual physical and make it sound like there giving you something,, but underneath teh fine print it saiys,, covered 80% after deductible if the doctor orders thyroid testing,, chloelestrol levels,, nothing is free,, never was never will,, again wish I lived in a country that paid a 50% tax rate and got good medical care,, this is insane,, and werethe best country in the world,, I dont htink so,, not when we treat our own peoplelike rags that get used and tossed on the garbage pile