Author Topic: Spin the Sjogrens Symptom Wheel ....  (Read 14916 times)

Meld256

Re: Spin the Sjogrens Symptom Wheel ....
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:33 AM »
Liz,  this really is a good description.  :)

Michael, I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day to enjoy with your wife.  She sounds like a special lady and as Jozee said, kudos to you for mentioning how wonderful she is.

Gonzo

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 04:33:45 AM »
I've turned the wheel and today I'm just a bit tired (is the medication against my neuritis, and the pain is much less ;-)), a little pain in my joints and that's it. So it's a good day! And that's good because my daughter has vacation (school closes here for a week in the fall) so I think we will take a trip tomorrow to sea world.

Hope you all made a good turn on The Wheel today!
Stans

Narablueeyes

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »
Can I undo my spin and try again?  This nausea is a bit overwhelming.  Been up all night with it.  Ginger ale can only do so much.  I WANT A RESPIN!   :o

Gonzo

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 04:53:12 AM »
Sorry to read that you spinned the nausea today! I wish we could respin when we wanted. But unfortunately... we can't. It's like Forrest Gump said: "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Hang in there and hopefully tomorrow a better spin!
Stans

mshistory

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:00 AM »
What a great image! I think my wheel is stuck on fatigue right now - other symptoms come and go since starting Plaquenil but this fatigue hasn't budged  :(
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 06:49:16 AM »
I think this wheel should be like the game Farkle on Facebook . . . you get a bonus spin every 4 hours!   ;D

I agree, there should be prizes on this wheel too . . . and I don't mean SURPRISES!!   ;)

Talking about a spinning wheel . . . several years ago we DID have a real spinning wheel at school for staff appreciation week.  Everyone got to spin the wheel and you DID win prizes.  Most employees had already spun the wheel by the time I clocked into work at 9 a.m.  There weren't many prizes left to claim on the wheel by that time.  So, I spin the wheel . . . . then, I let out a loud yell (they could hear me down the hallway, so I'm told  ;) ) . . . I had won $250!!   ;D  I loved that wheel!!

I think this Sjogren's wheel would have spin stops along the way like:  take a nap, take your pills, get a back massage, sweater on, sweater off, skip today all together, take another nap, phone a friend, skip housework, call into work and tell the boss - "take this job and . . . . . ", go shopping, sing the Lazy song, etc.   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Narablueeyes

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
I think this wheel should be like the game Farkle on Facebook . . . you get a bonus spin every 4 hours!   ;D

I agree, there should be prizes on this wheel too . . . and I don't mean SURPRISES!!   ;)

Talking about a spinning wheel . . . several years ago we DID have a real spinning wheel at school for staff appreciation week.  Everyone got to spin the wheel and you DID win prizes.  Most employees had already spun the wheel by the time I clocked into work at 9 a.m.  There weren't many prizes left to claim on the wheel by that time.  So, I spin the wheel . . . . then, I let out a loud yell (they could hear me down the hallway, so I'm told  ;) ) . . . I had won $250!!   ;D  I loved that wheel!!

I think this Sjogren's wheel would have spin stops along the way like:  take a nap, take your pills, get a back massage, sweater on, sweater off, skip today all together, take another nap, phone a friend, skip housework, call into work and tell the boss - "take this job and . . . . . ", go shopping, sing the Lazy song, etc.   ;D

Bucky

I TOTALLY agree!!  I've already spun for a 3 hour nap.  Now all I need a maid spin and another nap spin.  It'll have to wait though.  Got my first opthahooziewhatsis (hahaha!!  My autocorrect picked up on my new word and saved it!!) appt in a couple of hours.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Hmmm, wow.  I spun the wheel again.  A crazy, ignorant wench runs a stoplight and nearly t-bones me.  Let's call that one panic.  My optha dr tells me I'm at risk for glaucoma.  Let's call that one a little more panic.  On the bright side:  it's just a sty that won't heal, so let's call that relief.  One out of three ain't bad!!  My favorite daily saying:  it could be worse!!

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »
Spun the wheel and the breeze has given me a sore throat...

Sure hope it's only a cold. I'm late with my flu shot this year.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

KellyG999

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
I spun today (why do I keep doing that?? :P) and got the allover pain that doesn't respond to pain meds. I need groceries but am too sore to go to the store...

Not looking forward to the end of my FMLA - TOMORROW is my last day.... sigh. Sure hope I don't "SPIN" out of control.

Diane54

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
I spun the wheel today and have another one of those "hangover like" headaches.............it's been like an everyday thing lately...could this be related to the barometric pressure? It's been raining here for days!
Sjogren's diagnosed Dec 20, 2010, Hypothyroid, Diabetes 2, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mitral Valve  Prolapse, Gerds, Antiphospholipid Syndrome,  Synthroid, Paxil, Prilosec, Evoxac, Plaquenil, Tramadol, Simvistatin, Restasis, Baby Asprin, vitamin D, Januvia, Amlodipine, Gabapentine

annken

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
my wheel spun so hard today it flew off the spokes and flung itself in the harbour, thats the wheel not me....but with any luck the wheel will drown and leave me alone.
i think wheel spinning is very bad for the chains.

susan

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »

Very clever way of describing the frustration of changing symptoms! I guess it is not surprising that it is difficult for friends/family to "get it".
I feel less alone after reading everyone's posts!
Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
I spun the wheel today and have another one of those "hangover like" headaches.............it's been like an everyday thing lately...could this be related to the barometric pressure? It's been raining here for days!

Diane - yes, I think it definitely CAN bring on the headaches.   :(  Hope you feel better.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

soycoffee

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
Looks like your energy is losing out all the way around.  Is just after lunch and mine has left the building.

Two days ago, Monday, mine never showed up at all. Does "I just don't feel like doing anything today!" apply? It would, if I had had enough energy to sing it.

Then yesterday I was full of zip, *long* visit to ophthalmologist, back and forth with the pharmacy -- walking, mind you. 

Today was the run of the mill could-be-better, but I can move if I have to.

Sigh