Author Topic: in need of cyber hugs  (Read 7079 times)

engy

Re: in need of cyber hugs
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
((((((HUGS)))))))

and Congratulations ;)

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Meld256

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Well, the surprises keep on coming, but they are happy ones!   :D  Congratulations on the news of the baby!

I'm sure you must have mixed feelings.  As mentioned here before, your positive response will always be remembered.  If you can be loving and welcoming to him and his new wife, it will be a blessing he will appreciate his entire life.

My husband's cousin had a big surprise with her son when he graduated h.s. He had a full, 4-yr. scholarship to a good college in engineering, which she fully intended him to take advantage of! 

He went to school for one semester, told her and his Dad he hated it and he was quitting and joining the Coast Guard.  I think his mother "blew a gasket!" She was soooo upset with him.

As it turned out, he did the best thing for himself. He has now been in the CG for 12 years. He loves it, he's been awarded citations of valor.  He met a lovely girl while stationed in Oregon and they are married and have 3 children, and are happy as can be and wonderful parents.  His mother has changed her mind and is very supportive now.  :D ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:25:42 PM by Meld256 »

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 05:52:46 AM »
Goodness, Meld, how many times did I disappoint my parents?  In the end, though, everyone has to live their own life -- even parents!

12Love, I'm so proud of you for having a good laugh at your own expense! You're a great mom, you've raised a great son who takes responsibility for himself. And I know you'll be a terrific mother-in-law and an even better grandma!

Can you imagine how the girl's mom feels???!!!???
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Meld256

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:40 AM »
Right, A66ey...notice I didn't mention all the times I disappointed MY parents? :) And we all must live our own lives.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 06:18:31 AM »
Right, A66ey...notice I didn't mention all the times I disappointed MY parents? :) And we all must live our own lives.

I was a pro at disappointing my parents!!  But dealing with that long, sad chapter of my life is how I got my sense of humor (some would say lack thereof but I digress)!  Started off that I was tired of crying and now I just ain't got no more tears (there's a commercial in there somewhere).  Laugh!!  It helps!!