Author Topic: in need of cyber hugs  (Read 7098 times)

12lovehim

in need of cyber hugs
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »
Hi All... I told ya all that my hubby has been busy working long hrs and looking in his spare time for our son who left home and school to be part of the Wall Street protest mess. Well I heard from him in a brief message yesterday. Mom wish u were here and sorry u missed ur son getting married.
He is just 19!  So I guess the next time I see him again I will have a new daughter I'll. 

Sometimes life is crazy, just 30 days ago it seams I had the best family time of our life. And I am struggling on finding the right emotion for this situation.  Still without a computer so I will end this. Thanks everyone
Blessings 12Love   

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: in need of cyber hugs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »
(((hugs))) Congratulations on your new DIL! When my wife and I got married, she was 18 and I was 17. Next July it will be 40 years. Believe this to be a blessing and it will be.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Meld256

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:55:13 PM »
Many hugs coming your way!

Oh, my...I can relate.

I think I could write a short book compiling the cryptic texts and voicemails we've received from my younger son over the years that surprised, shocked and worried us. Everything from he moved to a new state with a girl we never met to he was living in his car during winter (in Kansas!), and more.

At least you heard something from him, as surprising as that news is. I'm sure you don't quite know what to make of it.  If he's safe and happy, I guess that's a positive. Not sure if that makes you feel any better.

Hopefully, this will all sort out and your life will slow down with the chaos soon! Sending many soft, gentle hugs.
Melinda

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
Wow,

They just find new and old ways to make us crazy.

He sounds like a nice guy somehow.

I guess it's cause I understand the OWSs.

Anyway, here's a cyber hug.

Just hang on, roller coaster ride has higher and lower to go I'm sure.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

smallfry

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:14 AM »
How upsetting it is for you to hear by a message that your son is married.

Sometimes children just don't think.

There is a blessing in all of this and that he is safe and no harm has come to him.

Lots of HUGS
Cheryl

sass

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »
Many Hugs coming your way!  What a relief it must of been to hear from him.  Praise God!     ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))      :)        sass

Patze

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »
Oh my 12lovehim, your son sure is busy!  And I know what you mean as kidlet about drove me insane while in college...there were days that I was SO thankful that she was a long way away (it really ramped up when I got her a cell phone and a car! ;) :D).

A new daughter-in-law eh?  Wow, what a way to pass on the news.

I'm glad that he finally let you know that he was okay - kids, whew!

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Narablueeyes

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »
How upsetting it is for you to hear by a message that your son is married.

Sometimes children just don't think.

There is a blessing in all of this and that he is safe and no harm has come to him.

Lots of HUGS
Cheryl

Boy that is putting it nicely and mildly.  12lovehim, positive thoughts for you and your family.  Breathe and live in the moment.

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
12lovehim --- your story reminded me of my sister-in-law (Sara) whose daughter (Ava) become pregnant while in college. Sara later told me that she was glad she'd reacted positively instead of negatively. She said that Ava had had a long time to digest the information by the time she'd told Sara. But Sara had to respond immediately. Sara's positive reaction, she told me, was simply because Ava would always remember her mother's reaction to the news of her impending grandmotherhood.

Let me encourage you to respond positively to your new daughter-in-law. It will have a ripple effect throughout your son's life!

{{{{soft hugs}}}}

a66ey
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »
good advice A66eyroad .........  but, the shocking news must still have to sink in.   Going to a Wall Street protest and then to the alter are quite the extremes!  Boys!!!!!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
Ah, but I think there may have been a girl involved also. Congratulations on your new DIL. Are you going to have a celebration at your home or church so she can meet the new in laws?
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

12lovehim

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
Another reality check that life has changed so much for us! And things weren't that well oiled machine I thought!
I am also getting a grandchild in this mix. So in a way he did the right thing, in a world were fathers are leaving their entire families "do the right thing with honor and integrity" is one moral message my son took with him.
Thanks ya all! 

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
That is fantastic that you get to be a grandma! What age and sex? Have you asked for pictures for your grandma's brag book?

12lovehim

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
Having had a few days to soak all this in I had a good laugh this afternoon. I have been angry that my baby didn't follow the plan! School maybe a travel adventure etc, but I was a super strong personality, didnt follow my parents plan either but I have turned out pretty good. And I have a fantastic friend in my current daughter inlaw and my baby boy is drawn to the sweetest people. I think I have been emotionally feeling for the dumped girlfriend instead of moving on like my baby!
 So new day new attitude, maybe he will come back to our town and I will get to meet her. Either way U go son! Good Job marrying the mother of ur soon to be child!   

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »
Fantastic!