Author Topic: its been a while  (Read 3442 times)

12lovehim

its been a while
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
Hi all. My computer crashed and well finally one of my kids showed me the full power of my phone! I would ask for you alls prayers. More than my hands could ever type on my phone has happened in my life in 30 days.  I developed issues with my pancreas and have been almost bed ridden completely. But the most distressing part is the deep depression that has overwhelmed me.  To add insult to injury my spouse has decided
 He can't handle the stress of everything, said he will not leave me, but said I can't actually look to him for support. 

So if ya all don't hear from me know that my hands don't work good enough for this little phone keyboard but I could use your thoughts and prayers. And if one more Dr tells me that Sjogrens will not cause more than dry eyes and mouth ugg!  Why do they call it sjogrens anyway since Drs keep correcting me calling it sicca anyway.

Blessings. 12love

lynnmarie219

Re: its been a while
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
So sorry to hear that your last few weeks have left you feeling so bad both physically and emotionally. What are the doctors doing/saying about your pancreas problems? Hope they are following up with tests and treatments to help you out.

Have you talked to anyone about your depression? Its not at all uncommon to feel this way given everything you are dealing with at this time with your medical issues and the lack of support from your husband. Maybe some counseling and/or medication can help you get through this period in your life a little easier...there are so many different types of meds out there...there is surely one to help you feel better. I was one of those people who refused to take any meds for my anxiety/depression for a long long time....but once I stopped being so stubborn and decided to give some medication a try...I found much relief in how I felt.

Sending you hugs and prayers...keep us updated...we are always here for you! :)

Patze

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »
Hi 12Love,

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, that must be so frustrating!  Yeah, had to learn to use the cellphone too, but it's not half bad once you get used to "typing" on the screen that is (think I'll have to invest in an actual Qwerty board cell phone next time :D).  Glad that the kiddo's are looking out for you!

And I'm sorry to hear about hubby; thats must be so hard to take.  How are you and the kids holding up?

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
1. Welcome back.
2. You can purchase an external keyboard for some of the fancy phones.
3. You may want to find someone to help you with the depression since that can be more life threatening than Sjogren's
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Meld256

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:26 AM »
Dear 12lovehim,

I've wondered about you lately! I'm so sorry to hear about your worsening health issues. Like Lynnmarie, I must ask what's being done to help the issues with your pancreas?

What a distressing time in your life.  It can understand how depressing it is when you're not able to do much at all, and now your husband has let you know he cannot be a support for you.  You must be so disappointed by that.

I hope that you're able to talk with your doctor about your depression.  It's very important to let them know; many times a med on a short-term basis can help get you through, or a few counseling sessions might really help.  I hope your dear sons are being a help to you.

Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you.  We are here for you and we care.  ;) Remember as bad as it seems, things can improve!
Take care of yourself,
Melinda

engy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:34 AM »
12lovehim,

I'm glad you checked in. I don't have a lot of advice but I know how I felt at my sickest & depression hit me bad. I didn't go on meds but it was an option I was open to if I got worse.

Luckily I found a fabulous psychologist who is an energy psych. specializing in EFT & other holistic healing. My husband called her work voodoo until he started seeing her a month ago & now can't believe how good he feels. She is truely an emotional healer. 

I know you are bedbound but could you go talk to a psychologist once a week? If not one like mine, one who understands trauma as that is what we have all been through (many times) with our health.

I'm sorry your husband is not being supportive. I am calling him not so nice names right now. Grrrr

Push your doctor for more answers or it sounds like you don't like/ trust this one & need a new one?

Sending hugs & blessing, Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

12lovehim

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Hi Guys...
Thanks for replying... My pancreatic infection is starting subside (did I mention the 5 days in hospital. Prob not. Hard to know what is autoimmune pain and "oh I should be worried"...  Well I go meet with a chronic pain therapist tomorrow. There is a group too that meets twice a week too. I will take my new accessory a  "walker".. I have gone down hill so fast.

Well I should have really explained my hubby better. He has been tied up really trying to find our youngest son. After a pretty good argument our Know everything college student son who is tied up in that wall street campout mess. So just know that as my first message said what a diff 30 days makes.  My hubby wanted to be there in his heart but the stress of everything has taken him so far out of his normal reality and well I might have stated here I dealt with everyday life, that I kinda left my entire family unable to function without my input.

So my fingers are tired on this 4 inch screen, thank u all again!

Blessings Kerry

engy

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 03:16:43 AM »
I'm also glad your infection getting better.

Sorry that your son is in that mess & I'm glad your hubby is taking that on so you don't have to.

It still sounds like you aren't getting the support you need & blaming yourself though.

Take care, Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Still in the hunt

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
Its hard to have any input when you cant even know your own reality,, the fear of where this is all heading, being told its only this when you know its not,,
 when I was rasing teh boys,, I let them use up all the rope they had before they hung themselves,, then I reigned them back in from teh abyss, your son is just doing what a lot of kids do,, rebel,, against what tehy see as coporate greed,, in some way I agree with them,, the whole mess strted with them,,