Author Topic: Turmeric & RA  (Read 2510 times)

smallfry

Turmeric & RA
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:32:44 AM »
I was over at a friends house today and she was telling me about some research that is being done with regards to the use of turmeric with RA she was saying that a news report said that they are close to a vaccine for it, so I went looking and found one article.
It doesn't state that they are using turmeric for the vaccine, but it looks very promising for all autoimmune diseases

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7560535.stm

Fingers crossed
Cheryl

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Turmeric & RA
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:02:26 AM »
Interesting article. So, big Pharmco is looking at Ayuvedic treatments and finding answers that they could not have believed. My guess is that it will be big $$ or they will not offer it.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

engy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:12:47 AM »
I take "Enhansa" which is a tumeric/curcumin supplement made by a compounding pharmacy. It reduced my inflammation & my doctor highly recommended it. It is used for autistic childen too.

Tumeric has many great benefits but don't buy too cheap of a product or you may get fillers that don't agree with you. My doctor also told me to start at a low dose & gradually increase because it fights yeast & you could have undesirable "die off" symptoms taking too much too soon.

You can put the spice on foods but you won't consume enough to see a benefit.
Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:45 AM »
I've also read turmeric is good for all inflammation caused diseases including cancer and alzheimers.  I am thinking of buying some to see if I can tolerate with my stomach..  Has anyone had stomach issues with the capsule form?  I'm thinking of trying the brand New Chapter which produces high quality supplements.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »
I take a Tumeric/Bromelain combo that I buy online at Vitacost.
I think it helps my inflammation.
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

lori

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »
tumeric is a life saver- back in novemeber i resumded taking an nsaid.. well i had discontinued zantac... few weeks later...ulcer!!! meanwhile i needed an antiinflamatory for several issues. got Curamed 750 mg pills from my holistic dr.  take two a day.... great stuff... its curcurim = form of tumeric and it works wonderful and the added benefit is it helps tummy issues too... im never going b ack to nsaids.... costs more money but its soooo much bettter.

lori

jazzlover

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
Life saver for me too! I cannot take NSAIDS, Aleve, any of those. Can't even take Plaquenil.

I take NOW brand Curcumin. Very INexpensive.

NO WAY will I do ANY type of vaccine...for anything.

-

PS to ohiolady... I like New Chapter, but their Turmeric Force irritated my stomach.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:14:07 PM by jazzlover »
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
Tumeric is in the Bio Tears Gel Caps that I have been taking for dryness.....as well as black currant seed oil, cod liver oil, aloe vera oil and vitamins.  Had a good dental check up today and the dentist said my mouth and throat had some pooling.  I definitely think these have helped me in the past couple months!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with