Author Topic: Wonderful Night Out  (Read 1787 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Wonderful Night Out
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »
Hi  :)

Colleagues at work are also friends and during the year we go to a pub quiz (trivia quiz) on a Wednesday evening. Well -0= I used to go but now I only go during school holidays because I just get too tired otherwise. We pool any winnings and then have a night out. Last night - was 'The Night'. I was invited along even though I haven't contributed much to the winnings recently.

I didn't feel like going because I was tired and aching but I forced myself - and I'm glad I did.

The night consisted of going to a show starring The Lady Boys of Bangkok. They were absoulutely hilarious. It was excellent. It's sooo hard to believe that they are all male. Some of them are stunning. There was song, dance, comedy and audience participation and it really lifted the spirits. Had a fabulous night. I managed to be pretty sensible and felt a lot better at work today than a couple of colleagues who had way too much wine! I'll sleep well tonight however!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Wonderful Night Out
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »
It sounds like you had quite a night out I hope that you did not have a flair this morning. Sometimes the change in routine can bring on a flair.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
Scottie - sounds like you had a fun "girl's night out" . . . I'm sure you needed something like that!

As you know, laughter is the best medicine!   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

aussie mum

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
I'm glad you had a great time Scottie. It is so important to laugh and be social.  ;D
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Meld256

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:50:10 AM »
Scottie,

I'm so glad you had a "Girl's Night Out" and had fun!  We really need that for ourselves sometimes.  The Lady Boys of Bangkok sounds hilarious just by the title.  ;) 

Guess you will all need to be planning ahead to the next outing soon!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
Sounds like a great night out Scottie...glad you enjoyed yourself!

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:06:29 PM »
Scottie, it sounds like the "night out" was a lot of fun.  I think with sensibility (little or no alcohol) can make the difference the next morning.  Too bad the gals from this forum couldn't get together for a night out.  Wouldn't that be a blast?  Lucy

Still in the hunt

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
Good to hear you got out,, hope the smile is still there