Author Topic: Getting Weaker after Each Chemo Session  (Read 14950 times)

gurs

Re: Getting Weaker after Each Chemo Session
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
Hang in there girl!!! will take some time, but you will get through this...sure you will feel better too!

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Carebear

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 01:54:51 PM »
Hi Daisy,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling worse these days.  I hope things turn around for you very soon.  :)
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Meld256

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
Our dear Daisy,

I'm glad you posted. I was just going to ask you yesterday when the next round was and how you were doing.

I'm so sorry these rounds are so difficult on you. So tough to deal with when you cannot follow your usual regime for treating the Sjogrens at the same time.  I hope the appointment with the Respirologist will bring some help to some of the lung issues.

That's wonderful that you have such a good support system with your husband, family and friends. I can imagine you've been a great support for them at any time needed; now it's your turn to let them pamper you.  ;) You've certainly been an encouraging blessing to all of us.

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. 
Many gentle hugs to you.
Melinda

susan

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »

I am always so impressed with your attitude about your illness and treatment----it is inspirational.

I wish the best outcome possible for you!
Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
Daisy,
I'm sorry that your chemo treatments are affecting you so badly.   Let's hope that it is zapping the lymphoma with as much gusto!  3 down, 5 to go - you are almost 1/2 way there now. 

Will your prednisone dosage be tapered soon?  I wonder if that is what is making your eyes drier (it does that to mine.)

Hang in there, Daisy!  We are all hoping to hear better news from you very soon.

Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »
(((Daisy))) - I'm sorry your chemo treatments are so rough.  It's such a grueling regimen to knock that cancer out of your body.

I remember my sister saying how weak she was after her chemo treatments.  There was nothing she could do, but rest.

I'm glad that your husband is able to go with you to your chemo treatments.  :)

After I read this thread, and while typing this response, I went to the basement where I had just taken my summer silk flowers and snipped off one of the daisy's I have and brought it upstairs and have it sitting next to my computer.  Every day I will see this daisy and think of you.   ;D

I wish there was something I could do to help you.

Thank you for letting us share this journey with you - we're here to listen and offer our support to you as you courageously kick the *$%# (insert your own word) out of that cancer!!   ;)

Here's a little something I found that might bring a smile to your face:  "I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were wearing masks for. "
 ~James H. Boren

Sending prayers and a hug to you Daisy.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

elliea

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
Hi Daisy-I finished R-CVP for the follicular NHlymphoma in my lacrimal gland in May. It took about 2 months to get rid of the side effects.I did notice that the Rituxan helped with the joint pain but didn't really help my eyes. After chemo side effects wore off,I had a Sjogren's flare. The rheumy put me on Pred for 3 weeks to help me get through the busiest time at work. My eye doctor told me not to use anymore Restasis because it has some mild immune suppressing qualities and since the Lymphoma was in my eye,he said not to use it. He did say,though that the Restasis did not cause the Lymphoma. I had permanent plugs put in and they help quite a bit. In November ,I start 2 years of R maintenance(1x week for 4 weeks every 6 months for 2 years).
So, I really feel for you-you are not alone.I have had Lymphoma for 11 years(probably longer for the SS tho dx'd a year ago). We can and will get through this! I know it.!! PM or e-mail me whenever you want.
Good luck.
Hugs,
Lesley ;)

season

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
so sorry you are having such a rough time. Take care of yourself and I wish you the best.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 12:27:37 AM »
Daisy I said a prayer for you to feel better soon, and I am so glad you have a wonderful supportive family. That means a lot in times like these.

I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there which I know you are. You are an inspiration to others who may have to go through similar things ahead.

susanep
hugs
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

shevonne

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »
Daisy, I think of you often.  Im sorry that you are going through this but I know you will get through it.  Hang in there, I will be praying for you!

Daisy1234

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »
Oh thank you all for your wonderful and so kind thoughts! 
You have given me such gifts in the many special words written that have touched my heart and buoyed my spirits.   

Although I would prefer to send each of you individually a special thank you, my strength does not permit that currently even though I would so wish to. 

I have not shared until right now what the full story is with the Non-Hodgkins (NHL) MALT Lymphoma I am battling, but I have been diagnosed with Stage III NHL MALT Lymphoma, which in general terms means I have it in more than one place in my body simultaneously and on both sides of my body.  The 5 CT scans indicated that I have it in my lungs, both left and right sides of Inguinal area and on my left clavacle area.  I was also exhibiting all of the "B" symptoms which are considered classic of a more advanced stage of NHL.

Let me just say that there is still plenty of hope for successful treatment and that the cancer will respond and be in remission.  The Oncologist has also discussed the possibility of transitioning to R-CHOP protocol after the R-CVP if things are not as successful as they would like.

Life is still very very good and as I said earlier, and I am so blessed by the richness of love and happiness in my circle of family and close friends.  You have all grown into part of my extended family and I am sending you all the warmest of gentle embraces reserved only for those who are very special to me.

Daisy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:00:19 PM by Daisy1234 »

Katybarstool

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »
Daisy

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I will add you to our prayer list at church tomorrow. 

God bless.
Kathyx

Carebear

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
Daisy,

A hug right back at you!   ;D
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
Daisy, You continue to be a real trouper with this fight you have on your hands. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It was nice of you to explain more about your lymphoma. One thing about the lymphomas is that they can confuse a person to death. There are so many kinds of them and so much information. Keep on keeping on, girl. Irish ;D

Chickpea

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
Dear Daisy

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  I had a very small taste of what you're experiencing when I had Cytoxan last year, and that med alone was enough to knock me down flat. 

It took months to get my strength back but what helped me is what seems to be helping you - a caring husband (although I think we have different ones!  At least I hope so!!); wonderful friends; a love of life that can't be dimmed; and a level of acceptance.  That doesn't mean being passive, just working with what we're given.

Please, please don't ask too much of yourself.  Allow yourself to rest, rest, rest.  Eat your favourite foods even if only a little mouthful.  Watch lots of old films.  Listen to the music you loved when you were a teenager.  Be as kind to yourself as you would be to someone else.

I share your feelings about the wonderful people here.  Late at night when I was at my sickest I would imagine the globe with Sjoggies at all points, knowing that someone somewhere was awake at every hour.  It was very comforting!

Sending lots of gentle hugs - Chickpea