Author Topic: Serena Williams  (Read 4519 times)

Happy

Re: Serena Williams
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
you can bet  there are some retty powerfull doctors that like to lay tennis lining up to treat her, trust me,, she will see a lot better treatment then a lot of us here get,, but i;m not complaining,, I;m justsaying,, but like in the past, I have been known to be wrong,, very wrong

Jozee

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »
Joe- why do you say you wouldn't read the posts if Venus self identified if she came here? Did I read that wrong?

Meld256

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
sunnybunny,

This is off the original topic, but wanted to say Thanks for sharing your story about your husband.  That was wonderful of him to be so clear to your MIL about the struggles that you face daily.

I'm also blessed with a husband who "has my back" and has clarified with different people my health issues.

Just a couple of weeks ago we were both talking with someone who's only known us since my health deteriorated.  He said something about me being retired and my husband still working hard.  My dear husband shot back pretty quickly "She worked hard her whole life until she became ill with Sjogren's and worked rings around me while raising our kids. I'm lucky now because she really works hard to make our home nice and my life easier, even though it's tough for her to do."  What a sweetie!  I am a very blessed lady.  ;)

dj

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:19 AM »
Jozie, I think Joe said he believes Venus wouldn't reveal who she is.

Kudos to all the great spouses.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 04:08:58 AM »
Thanks dj. You got it correct.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Patze

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:26 AM »
Awww Sunnybunny, give that hubby a hug for having your back!!  Lucky you!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

norwegian79

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »
I am so glad for you guys who have families and husbands and friends who understands your disease. My husband tries to, but still is unhappy if his laundry's not done due to me sleeping all day, unable to get out of bed. He would never tell his mom other than that I'm OK, or his friends. He thinks me spending time on this forum makes my symptomes worse, and that I'm imagining the increasing dryness in my mouth and eyes.
I have not met any other person with Sj?grens in Norway, it is not a disease spoken of, not among doctors, not among others. Even my mum, who has a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, struggles with seeing how this possibly can't be my own fault, something I have caused my self, or is faking.
I really, really hope this whole situation with Venus Williams results in some serious awareness around this disease, because I am so tired of defending myself. And I need my falting energy for other things! I was kind of happy the day my bloodtests came back positive for Sj?grens, because I thought maybe I would have proof that I had a "proper" disease, not just faking it out of lasiness...
Turned out that was a long shot...
I hope for better understanding for all of us, and better treatment, both medically and socially. Best of wishes to you all from Oslo.