Author Topic: 10 inches of rain!  (Read 2093 times)

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
10 inches of rain!
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »

That's right; here in South Jersey we got 10 inches of rain in 9 hours!  Our property was an island for many hours. Water coming around our house and across the road in a  steady stream.   Hubby and I  sucked up 320 gallons of water out of our basement and carried it up the  stairs from 9 am til 5 pm!  We were exhausted. (He has heart problems , so it wasn't easy for him either)
        Roads are washed out and dams have broken, our county has been declared a disaster area!   And last week we were complaining of the drought.
  Our son, daughter-in-law and 2 girls came over early afternoon, their power was out due to downed tree on the power lines and telephone lines.   Things were back to fixed and they went back home a little after 7.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: 10 inches of rain!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
WOW!!     :o  10 inches of rain in 9 hrs. is a lot!!

There's never any happy medium is there?  It's either feast or famine.  Hope you didn't have anything in your basement that got water logged.

Hoping things recede quickly and your wayward streams go away.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Meld256

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
quilt4fun,

I hope your soggy mess of water has receded.  Any more storms lately?

Patze

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »
Hi Quilt4fun,

Got to love the "high" waters...  I'm further down the coast from you and we had about 8, maybe a tad more and things flooded.  I'm glad to see that things have returned back to seminormal!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
OMG!

Lots of places NEED rain, but you guys had to go and HOG IT ALL AT ONCE!

But it is NO FUN having water around and IN your house.  Been there, done that, and hated every minute.   Now you should get flood insurance, I imagine.

Hope it dries out and all is back to normal soon.

Keep us posted.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
Wow, that is just an enormous amount of water in such a short time. I hope both you and your hubby are going to be able to get some rest after this marathon. Hopefully the rain will stay away for a long time now.

This day and age of weather is really something---never know when or what is going to happen. Best to keep the snow shovel handy and the boat tied to the house. Irish ;D