Author Topic: blood type and AI  (Read 17149 times)

wendyoh

Re: blood type and AI
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
o negative
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

Crymeariver

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
O positive. 

jpd54

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 08:05:08 AM »
O-   I used to donate blood, but then I was told if I had Sjogren's, I couldn't.  Anyone know if this is true?  Since I'm a universal donor, Red Cross was always calling me.

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

eye2dry

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
I was told by the Red Cross and by my rheumy I couldn't donate d/t my being on methotrexate.

Then somewhere on this forum someone mentioned you can't donate if you have autoimmune disease but not sure about that. Unsure if they meant all AI disease or just certain ones.

I am O pos. and the Red Cross were always after me too.
I did like to donate...miss helping out now.

eye2dry

kellyk

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
A positive

wendyoh

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
interesting
why would they say you can't donate if you have an autoimmune problem? are they admitting its infectious. that is so lame, the way that medical care is conducted due to insurance co. pressure and lame CDC vs. organizations like red cross operating off of science.  they won't take people with htlv and screen for that but yet if they can't figure out what is wrong with you how often do clinics ever suggest testing for htlv?????????
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness