Author Topic: Field Merchandiser  (Read 1071 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Field Merchandiser
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »
Hi -

I was wondering if anyone is, or has ever been, a Field Merchandiser?  Someone who goes into select wholesale and retail businesses and maintains greeting card departments.

I've always thought that might be an interesting job.  I'm always rearranging the cards at the store anyhow from people putting them in the wrong spots.  I might as well get paid to do it!  LOL   :D

I'm trying to think of some other options for making some money for my family working part-time.  Right now, my current job is very stressful and I have to work every weekend.  I'd like to get away from that.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Meld256

Re: Field Merchandiser
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:04:56 AM »
Bucky,

That sounds like a good idea to check into more!  ;)

I don't know too many details, but my sister-in-law (brother's wife) was a merchandiser for a large greeting card company for several years.  She really liked it.  I know that her hours were flexible and part-time.  She was a home-ec (life skills) teacher for many years and did this as a "retirement job." 
Hope someone else has some better info. for ya.

Melinda