Author Topic: Favorite quote  (Read 3806 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Re: Favorite quote
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »
I have two other quotes here at my desk.

The first is from another hero of mine, historian and author Tony Judt who recently died of Lou Gehrig?s disease: ?There is something to be said for simply doing the thing you would do anyway, doing it as well as you can under the circumstances, and getting past the sympathy vote as soon as possible.?

The second is from my favorite author, Kurt Vonnegut:  "We are what we only pretend to be. So we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

jordozmom

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but my recent favorite saying is one I saw on a t-shirt online - it read: "I'm making Sjogrens my B*tch."  I'm sorry, however inappropriate some make think it, it was very inspiring to me.  It reminded me to fight it, take control of it, own it - don't let it own you.  It lifted my spirits, made me feel stronger, and made me feel more powerful and less of a victim at Sjogren's mercy.

We have Sjogrens - it doesn't have us.
SJS, Raynauds, Distal Renal Tubular Acidosis, RA, peripheral neuropathy, COPD, RLS, leaky heart valve (caused by SJS), Lichen Sclerosis.
Plaquenil, Salagen, Sodium Bicarb, Klor-Con, Ambien, Methotrexate, COQ-10, VitD, Multivitamin, Omega 3, B12

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »
hmmmmm?

When life gives me scraps, I complain and then throw them out.

I'm about negative crafty.

My mother always said:  "It's a great life, if you don't weaken."

lol

My philosophy according to me (moi):

Live your life as if you make a difference.  You do at the "micro level".

Accept that at the "macro level"l (the Universe) all is well and proceeding according to plan.

The entire solar system could disappear and it wouldn't even be a blip at the 'macro level".

Do not, I repeat, do NOT, try to reconcile the micro and the macro levels.

That way lies madness (or religion, or both).

Hugs

Elaine

Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.