Author Topic: All my teeth ache  (Read 35358 times)

Johnson

All my teeth ache
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Hi All.

I don't think I have logged on for about a year.  I guess that is good news, because I haven't had any progression in my symptoms.  I had a baby last August, was going to school, working full time & spending lots of times driving my boys around to classes, dr's appointment & the like.  All good (normal) things I think:)

What drove me in today was about my teeth.  The last few days they all ache.  Like if you had braces & they just tightened them.  I have had this issue for years, but usually just for a day or so.  I was researching possible reasons online & saw a couple of mentions of people with sjogren's have infected glands causing all their teeth to ache.

Has anyone else had any similiar experiences?  Compared to other symptoms, this one I can handle.  More just a curiousity.

I called my rheumotologist who was out of the office of course.  She is going to call back in a few days.

Thanks!

Meld256

Re: All my teeth ache
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
Hi,

First, I am so glad for you that there's been no progression in your symptoms!  ;) That's wonderful and sounds as if you have had a very busy and happy life happening. 

Well, the aching teeth.  I guess I'll say it could be quite a few things, so I'm really no help. It's possible the partoid or other glands could have some infection and cause this, but the best bet is definately to talk with your rhuematologist and get their advice.  Someone else may come along here with other ideas.

Hope it's not too aggravating since these things can be painful.

Keep us updated on what you find, ok?
Hoping you have a blessed day,
Melinda

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »
When I saw the title of your post my first thought was of infection. There are a couple of infections that I use tones for and you may wish to use antibiotics. Irish was the person that clued me in to what the infection may be. When I added the tone for that bug the pain went away three zaps later and I could not believe how much better I felt. She may have tips for you to ask your doctor so you get the correct antibiotic.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

gurs

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:57:37 AM »
Mine do this quite often....it usually has something to do with my sinuses....Im guessing its all inflammatory if there is no infection.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »
My teeth are currently aching just on one side.

I am afraid I might have another cavity, so I made an appointment this week with the dentist.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:16 AM »
Sinus pain causes my teeth to hurt.

And that can be just one side.

But there are lots of possible reasons.

We have ALL THE FUN!

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

Diane54

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
YES! I have had aching teeth for the past 2 months! I went to the dentist and he said I had no cavitiies or gum issues but my teeth hurt and I also have a couple of sensitive teeth. I am using MI Paste but still feel no relief!
Sjogren's diagnosed Dec 20, 2010, Hypothyroid, Diabetes 2, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mitral Valve  Prolapse, Gerds, Antiphospholipid Syndrome,  Synthroid, Paxil, Prilosec, Evoxac, Plaquenil, Tramadol, Simvistatin, Restasis, Baby Asprin, vitamin D, Januvia, Amlodipine, Gabapentine

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »
I had at least six root canals (removal of the nerve of the tooth) done before my diagnosis of Sjogren's, and still had pain in my teeth. I even had one apicoectomy, which is when the oral surgeon goes through your gums to remove the tip of the root of a tooth.  And still, pain in that tooth.  The dentist says it's "impossible" that I still have feeling in that tooth since the tooth's got no nerve or attachment to a nerve.  So I have come to believe that the pain is some kind of phantom pain, or perhaps referred pain from inflamation near another nerve.  So I just (a.) ignore it or (b.) take ibuprofen for the pain.  It seems to get worse and better with no rhyme or reason.

Sjogren's:  The gift that just keeps on giving!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Johnson

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »
The rheumy is on holiday until Friday, so I haven't heard back yet.

I saw a lot of references to soar teeth & sinus infections.  I don't think I have one though.  I haven't been stuffed up or anything.

They still ache today but less.  That is kind of the history I had with the issue... they would ache off and on & then it wouldn't happen for awhile.  This time it was bad enough for me to research it. 

Maybe compeletly unrelated to Sjogrens.  I found that so many weird issues I had growing up where related to the disease.  I would say "that's just the way I am."  Guess I wasn't completely off:)  Like sensitivity to light & dry heat, ridiculously cold feet, blurry eyes when I wake up & in the evening, and on and on and on...

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »
Welcome back Johnson,
                I woulden't yet rule out the Sjogrens as the cause of your dental problem. 
              It is well known that it can cause all sorts of oral problems. 

If you have the dry mouth  then this is enough to set off dental issues,
           My gums are so sensitive due to the dryness, that I get mouth sores and ulcers,
                   also sore swollen gums!
                   I lost all  my own teeth some years back, so now have dentures  which can be such a pain at times due to dry mouth, so
                      hope your problem can be treate, and soon back to normal. Let us know how it goes,
                                                                                               Dolly

WiVal

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »
My teeth were very sore and I couldn't drink from a camelback water bottle.  If took some time but I did have a tooth that developed an abcess, it couldn't been seen early on in an Xray.  Keep telling your doctor and dentist about the pain, it could be something that can be treated and better yet... it might just go away!

Pisces24

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
When I am going to get a throat or sinus infection, I feel it in my gums fitst thing 99% of the time. 
Do you do any sinus flushes with the nettie pot?  That has really helped me filter out the "germs" that my nose cannot anymore/

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
Howdy, aching can be caused by many conditions.  Two come to mind in particular, unconsciously grinding your teeth or a vitamin C deficiency.  Ask you doctor about both.  If you have a good doctor, your questions will be taken in consideration.   I hope you will get your answers.  Take care.

Seeker   
Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.