Author Topic: Mom  (Read 47625 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Mom
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2012, 07:15:18 PM »
I have prayed for you and your family. I am going through some of this now. My parents are getting up in their age. Well, this next September my dad will turn 80. It's hard to believe it.

My mother has been in the hospital the most, with all kinds of things. She has a pacemaker, and peripheral neuropathy severely in her legs and feet.

My mom seems to get upset much more with my dad, and he tries to just remain calm, but he is more easy going.

My mom is 3 years younger than my dad, and she builds her life around having 4 of her 6 great grand daughters at her side all the time. They wear her out. Two of them are 5 and twins. One is 8, and the other 12.

She uses most of their money (fixed income) to buy these girls clothes, and their mom (no comment) lets her do it. My dad is nervous at times with all the noise of the little girls even though he loves them, but knows now not to say they can't come down whenever they like.

It's hard on all us grown kids, but nothing we have ever said helps, so I quit trying. I just listen as my mom will talk about how tired she is or hurting so bad after having the kids there for 4 hours.

There is only so much we can do. I can't imagine how it will effect me when they pass if they do before me, but I know it will be the hardest thing I imagine.

God Bless you, and don't beat up on yourself. You really can only do so much even though you love them. I do understand. We are all thinking of you, and your precious family.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

lighthouse33

« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »
I just had to post back with one las post.

Well the truth came out this morning after mom and I got into a mini scuffle.  She said "I wish it were you laid up instead of me!"  Wow!  I said nothing in reply but wanted to say - "I would never be laid up like you because I'm not stupid enough to smoke for 55 years, not get the diagnostic testing that a patient with cancer should have and not listen to what my doctors tell me to do."

I am very proud of the fact that I have never treated her like she treats me.  I have never denied her illness or her feelings.  She's upset that she's not getting better.  I said nothing.  People with empheysema don't get better, they just slowly die.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Carebear

« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2012, 08:13:13 AM »
Good for you, Lighthouse, for always taking the high road.  With people like your mom, there's no sense in trying to reason or argue your way through to them.  It never works and usually makes things worse.  :(  In your heart, you know the truth.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »
Jeebus, Lighthouse,

She's a witch for sure.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol