Author Topic: Struggling to Breathe - Sjs in the Lungs  (Read 18680 times)

Daisy1234

Re: Struggling to Breathe - Sjs in the Lungs
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:31 PM »
Hello all of my dear dear ones:   :)

I am feeling better these days and thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes.  How beautiful and kind you have been to me.  My breathing is not nearly as shallow as it was when I came come from the hospital a couple of days ago and there have been little negative side-effects to the high doses of prednisone (100 mg daily) that I am currently on.

Can you imagine, the prednisone has given me a wonderful sense of well-being (emotionally speaking) and I am not suffering from any of the anxiety that normally accompanies this strong drug.  In fact I was smilng so much yesterday that my face muscles started to hurt!!!!     I'm so very very blessed!  I do sleep less these days and more lightly than before, but what the heck, I've been able to spend more time with my family (have been asking myself, why no one is up at 4am in the morning to share a nice family chat with me LOL) and less of it snoozing away.

Life is getting better now and I now have officially named my new stubby oxygen tank after my english bulldog "Little Fatty" (they share similar physical proportions lol) and have her with me all of the time :).   I was even able to speak to my mother on the phone today and with her hearing disability she could understand me for the most part without all of the usual heavy breathing that intereferes with my speech.  That was so very nice!!

Sending all of you my grateful thanks and love,

Daisy

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
That sounds great Daisy!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
Daisy - I'm glad you're feeling better.  May you continue to feel better with each new day.

Enjoy your weekend!   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

ohiolady

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »
Daisy,

Keep getting your rest and take good care of yourself.  How nice the Prednisone is not gving you awful side effects.  The name of your oxygen tank brought a chuckle.

Hugs,

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

hikerknees

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
Hi Daisy,
So glad you are feeling some better, SO important to be comfortable breathing.  I saw this post just today; sorry not to express support earlier.
sue