Author Topic: Struggling to Breathe - Sjs in the Lungs  (Read 18722 times)

Daisy1234

Re: Struggling to Breathe - Sjs in the Lungs
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I'm back home  hurray!!!!!!

Saw my Respirologist early this afternoon before he discharged me, have some directions to follow at home because he says that I am still pretty sick, but its always so wonderfully nice to be home.  Can breathe again too, well maybe not like a regular person can because I do have Interstial Lung Disease from the Sjogren's getting into my lungs, but am doing a heck of alot better than I was before I went to the hospital and found out that one of my lungs had collapsed  :)   

Thank you one and all for those kind posts, my sister Mary shared them with me while I was recuperating at the hospital and they immediately made me feel better!  Its so truly special to be part of the wonderful family that is the Sjogren's World Forum!

Sending grateful hugs to you all,

Daisy

Katybarstool

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
Welcome home Daisy. It's good to see you back. I've only just seen your message, as I was away last week, but I wanted to wish you all the best.

Kathyx

mebog

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 01:40:34 PM »
So happy to hear that you are home.  I don't write much because I'm not good at it.
I was looking for news of you and happy to find out that it is good news.
I have that intersistual lung disease dx first time in 2002.  I been in the hospital about three times a year eversince.However I'm 73 years old and atill upright.  Was only dx with sjogrens in 2010 but I'm sureI had it for a long time
I wish you all the best, I'll be praying for you.
You will be better soon,  mebog

Carebear

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
So good to hear from you, Daisy!  And a happy belated birthday to you as well!  ;D
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »
Welcome home Daisy!!   ;D

Be sure and take it easy while you are recuperating from your hospital stay.

There's no place like home . . . . there's no place like home!!

Take care,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

ohiolady

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
Daisy,

I'm so happy to hear you are home!!!!!!!!!  Please take good care of yourself and keep us posted.  I'm praying your treatment will work and you will see more progress.  YOu have certainly been in my thoughts and all of us here on the board. 

Hugs,

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
Daisy, So glad to hear that you are home. It is always good to be able to sleep in your own bed. So glad that you got to ER and got help before you really got in trouble. Sure sounds like they loaded you up with meds and you are so much better.

Who would have thunk that you had a collapsed lung. Sjogrens just keeps on giving. Make sure to rest and take it easy so you can enjoy the summer. Irish ;D

HL in NY

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »
Daisy! I've been checking this thread everyday. So Happy you're home and feeling better. Hope you continue to improve!

Heather

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »
I'm glad you are doing better.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Budgie

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 05:05:53 AM »
Daisy, so pleased to hear you are home.  Hoping you feel much better and continue making a speedy recovery.  Like Irish says, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed and eating your own food. 

hollowoakfarm

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:16 PM »
I'm very pleased to see you back home.  Being in your own space will do wonders for you!

Pisces24

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
Glad you are home. You feel sooo much better at home in your own bed with your own noises.

susan

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
So happy you are in the comfort of your own home---great accomplishment!!!!!

newhorizons

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
Daisy, Glad to hear you're on the mend... Keep up the g :-*  :-* d work!!!   Joy

Shade

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
Hi Daisy, hope you are healing fast.  Being home when you are on the mend is a great thing.  No getting awaken because somebody comes in the room during the middle of the night or early in the morning.  I know your family is so happy that you are home.

Take care of yourself and keep us updated. 

Shade
Sjogren's dx 2011, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Esophagitis, Depression, Anxiety, SFN, OAB, Asthma, Obstructive Breathing
Gabapentin, D3, Omega 3, B12 , Nexium, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Trazodone, Restasis, Evoxac, Meloxicam, Nuvigil, Plaquenil, VESIcare, Dulera, Montelukast, Spiriva