Author Topic: Words of Wisdom  (Read 1489 times)

Kim

Words of Wisdom
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »

I read this yesterday on a womens health site and thought it was worded wonderfully.  It's what we already know.  But sometimes reading how someone else views it is a good thing.

"Understand you are on a journey without end. Living with a chronic illness isn't like having a stroke or even cancer, which can be "cured." When you have a condition like rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, (or Sjogren's Syndrome, or Fibromyalgia, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc)  your life is a series of two stepsforward and one step backward. Learn to accept this new rhythm in your life. Instead of focusing on a cure, focus on having as many good days as you possibly can."

By know means do I down play the misery of strokes or cancer and I don't think the writer did either.  She was just trying to make a point.  My best friend is battling breast cancer.  We have different diseases but we are each others support.  Even she said she was in better shape than I was.  That's her opinion.  I think she's faced a bigger battle.

Jozee

Re: Words of Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Kim - Wonderfully worded. Thanks for posting this. It reminds me to focus on the good days.

sis

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
"Learn to accept this new rhythm in your life. Instead of focusing on a cure, focus on having as many good days as you possibly can."

Love this!  Thanks for posting!

Meld256

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:21:40 AM »
Thank you, Kim, for posting this. Great words of wisdom!!

Love it- the kind of encouraging thoughts we need here.  Thanks, again.  ;)