Author Topic: The darkest days and does that mean a huge flare up  (Read 9682 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: The darkest days and does that mean a huge flare up
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
Hi BoPeep

I can't begin to imagine what you are going through right now. I am so sorry. You must be hurting so badly.

I hope you have people close who will support you at this difficult time. Please take up any offer of help that comes your way.

I don't know how you ward off a flare. You may not have one but grief is about the most stress we are ever under and stress does seem to trigger flares. It will take a while for you to think straight. I hope someone is with you.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

mebog

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
OOO, BoPeep,  I'm so sorry for you, I don't usually post but this time I had to.  I assure you that I'll be praying for you.  I know God will know just who I'm talking about when I ask Him to take care of BoPeep.

Love and Prayers,  mebog

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
BoPeep,
  How shocked and scared you must feel!  I'm very sorry for you.   I hope that no flare results from this.  I'm proud that you are able to keep up your responsibilities, and I hope that they give you motivation to get through this difficult time.  Please take care of yourself.  Make yourself eat and rest, even if you don't care to.    You have a big group of us here who care.  I wish we could come there and help with all the work.
Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Carebear

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
Dear BoPeep,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wonderful husband.  You are among friends here and I'm glad you are able to share with us.

I just lost my father, and I have not suffered a flare.  It may come later, as Joe mentioned, but I am thankful that while I am in the thick of things, my health has remained somewhat stable.  I hope that is the case for you, dear BoPeep.

Give yourself as much time as you need to grieve.  Try to eat well and get plenty of rest.  Just do what you must do for now, and let everything else wait. And please keep sharing with us.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:19:03 PM by Carebear »
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

rnathans

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rhonda

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
BoPeep - there are no words to console you, but please know you are in my thoughts and my prayers.  Bless you.

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
 So so sad Bopeep,
    Cant add more than what has already been said,  but  you will get through this my dear,
                 Dont try to do what you can't !
  Your health comes first , take all help that you can and go with the flow.
                   Remember your dear hubby would not want you to panic, he will be with you all the way too.
                                       God Bless and chin up, Sincere sympathy, Dollly x

Reanne

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
I want to offer my condolences.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I pray you find strength in the days ahead.  Take care of yourself. 

harrigan

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Oh Bopeep, what a terrible shock for you.  My thoughts are with you in the days ahead.  I hope you have good friends and family to support you through this time.  Please stay in touch and remember we are all here for you and ready to listen.  I wish there was more we could do to help.  With love  xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

One and only

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
Its going to be hard, its going to be rough, you will cry, you will get angry, you are going to run though the gamut of emotions that we humans were either blessed or cursed to endure, at this very moment I am thinking of you and hoping that you find some kind of inner strength to carry on, so cry when you need to, lean on people when you have some to lean on,, take teh help that I am sure is offered, by friends family or even complete strangers,, Hold your head up as high as it can go, but dont be afraid to lower it and feel the pain

Meld256

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »
Bopeep,

No words can express how sorry I am to hear of your dear husband's passing. I can only imagine how your heart feels torn apart. Yes, still a rather young man at 57, and what a shock to you.
For whatever it's worth, you have many, many friends here praying and thinking of you.

The next few weeks may just be a blur; take all help that's offered. You know how people say "let me know if you need anything?" Well, tell them specifically what they can do: make a call, feed the sheep, hug me, listen to me. We can take care of part of that listen part.  ;)
Is there some sort of ranch association there in New Zealand that could help you during this time? Surely someone in that regard might be able to help you with some of the farming responsibilites so you can take care of yourself for now. Please let me know if I can help contacting any of themt; I would be more than willing, ok?
Love from your Sjoggie friends, dear.
Melinda

Ohiocat

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
At a time like this,  words never seem to be adequate.  I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Feeling like you have no idea how you are going to deal with this, is a very real emotion.   So is the feeling that "I just don't have the time to deal with my pain right now".....cause you got so many things that you now have to deal with.

Just know that all of us are sending prayers your way.   Please remember to take care of yourself as you deal with this.
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

Bobbie

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
Dear BoPeep,

So very sorry to hear of your lost.   My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Please take care. 

Bobbie
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

susan

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your huge loss!
It is so overwhelming; be as gentle with yourself as you can.

sis

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.