Author Topic: Is there hope?  (Read 14287 times)

flutterfly

Re: Is there hope?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
welcome sweets...

i hate ta be cynical here...but OH NOES here it cums...

my HOPE everyday is...
that i DON'T rage out on sum1 'cause i am just plain TIRED of actin'like everythin' my sh#t^storm throws @ me i CAN handle...'cause I CAN'T!   :o

now i respect the peeps that DO HAVE HOPE...but give it a few years! 

much luck on keepin' the hope alive!  but when u do feel like THE WALKIN DEAD...sumtimes yes ya end up HOPIN' 4 DEATH!

no offense just cynical me!

~*flutterfly...no filter ta use*~  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:38:11 PM by Linda196 »

One and only

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Your not being cynical,, its how you feel,, mine came quick, waesnt caught in time, now i;m paying the price. its sad when you begin to thnk death is the only way out, No offense to anyone,, but like I said before,, if your getting by with the dry mouth and eyes,, feel blessed,, when you start to cough out stuff that looks like jello,, when your legs wont carry you,, your hands get purple and burn,, when you try to hide it all from your family,, you;ll see where me flutter and Liz are coming from

Sha

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
My doc just gave me valium cuz hope is starting to go towards the darker corners of my brain ::)

Sha

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
sha, Be aware that valium can cause depression. I don't know if you are on an antidepressant, but if it was me I would want to take them instead of the valium. Valium will calm you down but the longer you take it the more it builds up in the blood stream and then you might get so that you don't even notice that the house is dirty, the dishes aren't washed, etc.

Just something to be aware of. Back in the 1960-70's many people got seriously addicted to valium and it is heck to get off of. There are other medications out there to help with mood. Irish

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
I was given Valium once and went and threw the bottle back at the doctor after about 3 days. It made me cry all the time and I have such a bad temper when I'm tearful!!  :)  x x
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
I was put on 50mg Valium 5x per day. It did not slow me down. Just do not take too many of "mothers little helpers".
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »
You must have a fantastic tolerance to benzos, Joe, the maximun daily dose as far as most standard suppliers are concerned is 40 mg, although I have seen a total of 50 mg given as a one time dose as a substitute for general anaesthetic.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Sha

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
Love that song joe! yeh, she said as needed (sparingly). Don't know what the prescription is or how many she gave me...i will just like knowing i have em in case i need to relax a bit when things start becoming overwhelming!

Those of you who know me, knows I have a lot on my plate right now, work in an active job, which I love, and have kiddos who have had their own health issues who usually come first!

Irish, I doubt my anal hubby will let me forget if there's things piling up! He is a clean freak!LOL

Sha  :-* who's hoping that mother's little helpers keep the stress at bay when need be! :D

eyeamdry

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
How does one determine if they are the having the disease(s) the worst, or worse than anyone else?  Is it because we come here and say so?
I would never be so arrogant as to put myself in the high part of the list of "how I believe I have it the worst, or almost the worst..as anyone else."
But, how does anyone else know that I am not the worst on the forum?  Does a person just assume they are almost as bad as most?

Am I making sense here?  There is no way to measure just how bad we are.  Most of us probably feel pretty bad at least most of the time.  I guess some of it may be as simple as to how we were brought up.  If we had a rugged childhood (can be read any way you like) perhaps one can handle more illness and difficult situations than others?  If someone was brought up with a proverbial silver spoon in their mouth, perhaps it is harder for them to adapt to illness.  I just see on here that most think they are ready to die.  No doubt someone will die as many people as there are on here and soon, but not necessarily of Sjogrens.
I'd say a car accident.  There have been a lot of people killed recently in icy road crashes. 

I do not have the answer, but I wonder how we measure illness. 

shortstuff

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:15 PM »
Eye, I am with you on that.  How do you measure your pain relative to another's?  My OB told me I was being a wimp when I gave birth to my first and pushed with no pain relief 2 hours.....but did she just have a higher pain tolerance?  Did she have better meds?  No one knows what it feels like to be in another person's body and so it would be impossible to really understand where another sufferer is coming from.  We can only hope to be in the same ballpark and hope through that "understanding" we have support through each other......

All I know is I have two sweet little ones and they are my reason for getting up each day and my reason to have hope. 

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »
Sha, please find a better looking picture.
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

Meld256

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:01 AM »
Lucy,

I don't think any of us know exactly what each of us really goes through, or what anything feels like to that particular person.

I have a story about my Dad; please bear with me.
He was always sure that whatever he felt, everyone else did too. Meaning he was always right, and you did what he told you. We were also taught to never, ever challenge this.  For example, he was always telling me to put my shoes on, my feet would get cold.  It infuriated him (for some reason) for me to go barefoot in the house (which I still love to do!) And so, he started the same demand with my kids. One day when my daughter and I were at Grandpa and Grandma's house, he told her to put her shoes on because her feet would be cold. She was 3 years old and had heard this many times before.

She looked directly at him and in her tiny little-girl voice said "Papaw, you don't know what MY feet feel like to me."  :D I hid my face, my mother laughed out loud, and my Dad actually said, "You know what? I guess you're right." I was amazed! One of my most favorite memories, oddly enough...just shows that we can't tell what any other person's experience is for them.
Take care,
Melinda

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 04:40:32 AM »
Linda196,  That was after I had a bad reaction to the drugs the USAF gave me. When I got home I threw them away. Yes it was far above the normal dosage. I think that it was an attempt to OD me. One of many death attempts after I left the USAF in 1972. A hazard from my enlistment. 1983 brought 5 more attempts before the auto accident that left me paralyzed on my left side. The most recent was in 2008. Drugs, Gas, knives, bullets and vehicles. May you not live in interesting times.

One and only

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 05:01:20 AM »
I hear ya Joe

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 07:34:56 AM »
Thanks One and Only. Looks like a nice yard in the pic. I can not make out anything else.