Author Topic: Scary Brain Involvement??  (Read 4289 times)

Calli66

Re: Scary Brain Involvement??
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »
Just one more thing about your experience seeing "the pretty teenager" walking up----that has happened to me in relation to my daughter--and the GOOD thing is this: when we see this "stranger" we have a POSITIVE impression. Oh, a pretty girl---a lively person---OH, it's my daughter! Gives me a good feeling.

C

CAT1962

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
Callie, you did make me smile!  ;D I know exactly what you mean.

prunella

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
I think of my brain as a faulty computer. The right "drop-down menu" doesn't always drop down when I need it.  And I take some comfort in believing that I am aware of this when it happens. Usually, I stew over it if it is a piece of info I really need.
I have always had a random sort of brain.  When I was younger, it bothered me a lot.  As I find myself firmly in middle age, I find that many others are struggling and talking about it. I want to say: welcome to my world! I remember having such memory problems since adolescence.

OK. I know this may all sound strange:    ;)
 I've begun to think of my brain as an entity that operates independently from myself.
For example: If I can't follow a knitting pattern, I might say, "My brain needs a visual schematic (eg chart) to understand this cable stitch."   Then I don't feel quite so inept when I struggle with it.

I also describe brains this way to kids who have learning difficulties.
Ex: You have an "art brain" that understands and learns new things if you can make a model or draw a picture of it. That's a wonderful kind of brain to have, but you'll have to learn to ask for help when you need it because some teachers don't have or understand such wonderful kinds of brains!  All brains are different.

I have not assumed that my memory issues are  Sjs related, but they sure could be.   What a great research project for a grad student, although I am not sure how accurate a reporter I would be about my own neuro function!
Age 61; Blood type 0-; Sjogren's Dx 2005, sero-negative; plaquenil, 200-400mg/day; lunesta; vivelle dot; omega3, 4gm/day; CoQ10;  vit D3. Wheat free; dairy free. Homeopathy and acupuncture help enormously.