Author Topic: May be a personal question and somewhat explicit  (Read 21781 times)

ttdub

May be a personal question and somewhat explicit
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
Alot of people talk about the exaustion and I was really curious if you guys can have sex with the exaustion. I apologize if its a bad question.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: May be a personal question and somewhat explicit
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »
I know that sex is a 3 letter word and I have some very vague memories of an experience called sex. The last memory I have of it is 1979, I have a daughter that was born in 1980. It is supposed to be good for triggering endorphin release to help us feel better. I think I will have to use other methods to get endorphins.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

mews

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:39:15 PM »
Hhahaha, I just posted this on another topic, my Urologist just asked me if I was having sex, I started laughing so hard I wet myself right there in his office in front of him.. so now he had living proof I have some issues!!!! LMAO

Mary

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »
Well, I'd rather have sex with my husband!

On the topic of sex with exhaustion:

Seriously tho......... my answer would have to be mostly NO.   Especially if there were any serious pain involved, as well.

I need to feel half way strong and good, to be 'in the mood'.

But then I'm an old lady, too

Can't wait to see what others write.

Kisses

Elaine

Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

nancylee

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
Sad sad story. I haven't consumated my marraige yet.
hey..maybe i'm not actually married..

ttdub

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
I know that sex is a 3 letter word and I have some very vague memories of an experience called sex. The last memory I have of it is 1979, I have a daughter that was born in 1980. It is supposed to be good for triggering endorphin release to help us feel better. I think I will have to use other methods to get endorphins.
Is it due to sjogrens u havent had sex?

JannaLee

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »
I certainly hope you guys are joking!

Sometimes sex is the only thing that makes me feel better!

susan

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
Joe, I love your answer!
My answer is similar to Carolina's-----mostly no.
The exhaustion is a factor, but the main one is a strained relationship.

ynevar

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »
Janna----I am on the same page as you!!!!  I truly HOPE and PRAY that it is NOT affected.... it seems to be one of the things I truly enjoy even when I am miserable, fatigued, hurting etc... a little oasis, so to speak... in a lot of pain... Might help that we are just married under 2 years.... give me a few more and a few more with Sjogren's under my belt and a little less moisture... LOL then I think I will invest in industrial size lubrication products! LOL

-Y

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
ttdub, my wife wanted sex only for the two children that we had. Most of the time she would be considered to lack libido. It did not help that my hormone levels dropped and the paralysis after the mylogram left me with varying levels of ED. As I said at one other time, I can be covered in Androgel from toe to head for weeks with out changing my levels. And yes it has been several decades.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

dbab

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »
There are times when I feel like I may not have the energy but then I quickly remember how I feel afterward and I truly believe in the endorphin effect on the pain.  It also is great stress relief and the relaxation afterwards is better than any sleeping pill out there.  I do have an issue with dryness but I have found relief with KY vaginal inserts.  It's great, it's the closest thing to natural lubrication (before SJS issues) that I have found and it will last for a few days.

season

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »
My husband and I are not as young as we use to be and we both suffer from exhaustion at times. The fatigue is a very hard thing to fight and battling everything that goes with sjogrens sure puts the fire out sometimes.     But.............I still like sex.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 09:48:41 PM »
I have to add this little tidbit which is not quite as shock provoking without the actual numbers-which I have forgotten.

There have been numerous studies in the news/papers/magazines/etc., lately that indicate that in young, vital, energetic, normal, non ill people, sex is on the way out.

No kidding, the studies show that people are having less sex than ever and it is most likely due to the amount of stress in society. Most people have both partners working and with long commutes the time and fatigue are killers. They have kids at the sitters. Get home and eat late, kids to activities, throwing wash in at midnight, etc.

It used to be that the weekends made up for the busy weeknights. Now it seems that people are so busy on the weekend with kids sports, buying groceries, lawn care, etc and the list goes on. I have not mentioned the internet until now, but I would bet that after the kids are in bed and the chores are done people are logging on and spending so much time that there is nothing left of them.

So, it is not only the chonically ill who may have a slower sex life, it is the whole darned world. The European countries are such large consumers of alcohol that I would bet they fall asleep before they get to bed. They most certainly don't put in the long days like Americans unless they are the "upper echelon". Interesting topic. Am I going to answer??? Let's say that I am not quite dead yet exhausted with Sjogrens plus myasthenia which bothers more than the sjogrens. Irish ;D

lizzi

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:13 AM »

well,im married but i have not had any sexual contact in nearly 7yrs,for many reasons,exhaustion,depression and

the last couple of yrs a strained marriage as a result of my illnesses and depression,to be honest ive never been

interested in sex anyway but thats another story!!!!! i personally think sex is very overated anyway

Sandisue

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »
Hey,

Did you mean actually with someone?   Joking... I still have a very strong sex drive, as long as I have proper lubercation, thank you ladies for helping me out with that one....but for some reason it's the one thing that still makes me feel almost normal again. I know it sounds silly, but I still get heart flutters, when my sweetie touches me...But don't tell him that....

Sandisue, 52 yrs old..