Author Topic: May be a personal question and somewhat explicit  (Read 21789 times)

engy

Re: May be a personal question and somewhat explicit
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 05:33:33 AM »
First of all, this is a great topic! When I was at my worst my husband and I didn't have sex and as soon as I started feeling better it was the first part of my life I wanted back.  I think it is important for many reasons that have been stated and there are many good suggestions given here also.

I was one that also gets UTI's but I don't do well on antibiotics.  My doctor suggested cranberry capsules (taken by mouth people) after sex and I haven't had a UTI since.  They are the only medicine/supplement I keep in my bathroom. I usually buy expensive good brand supplements but I just bought a cheap $5 bottle at drugstore that is 500mg.  I take one or two after sex with lots of water and yes... peeing and wiping correctly important too :)
I didn't believe it would work but it has for me so may help others!

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Narablueeyes

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 10:13:41 AM »
My hubby and I still enjoy our time together and he's pretty understanding if I need to stop.  My question is:   Has anyone experienced near fainting or just an overall feeling of oh-my-god-I-feel-awful moment after orgasm?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »
I do not understand your question. What is orgasm?????

Does that have something to do with sex? Do people still do that?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Narablueeyes

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »
I do not understand your question. What is orgasm?????

Does that have something to do with sex? Do people still do that?

HA!  Yeah but it's quite scary for me.  The latter sensation is almost like a sense of doom coming over me.  That's frightening. 

Jenny

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
What a great topic and so many unashamed answers.  I had problems for the last couple of years with lubrication too, before I was diagnosed. My doctor said it was probably "pre-menopause".  Sex hurt so bad that I would bite my lip to transfer the pain some times.  I ended up with a cyst from friction that the doctor had to remove.
My gyno put me on Premerin Estrogin cream which helped a lot.  Then we discovered "Astroglide".  It can be bought at most pharmacies over the counter and is wonderful.  Much better than KY jelly.  I still don't have much "desire", but at least I'm not in pain while I try to have a somewhat normal marriage.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

drylady

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »

Engy thanks for that tip! 8)
33 years old. Plaquenil 200mg (2x), Evoxac 30mg (3 x).

liv4ever

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
like facebook... is there a "like" click.. great comments here!!!!!!!!!!! I want to click LIKE! :)

grafxmkr

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2011, 07:16:17 AM »
Personally I like to think of it as "sex-therapy"

I'm recently out of a 11 year relationship (he cheated... douchebag) and I am dating a very wonderful and loving man. I gave him the full Sjogren's disclaimer in the first week of dating and SHOCK he still wanted to date!

Long story short, ex and I didn't have sex frequently and when we did, well... it sorta hurt. I have VERY sensitive skin "down there" and it took me over a year to find coconut oil (used daily) to make things more comfortable. I was extremely afraid to enter the dating world, but I found out that the more often I engage in sex (with my one man) the more things feel good. Not only is a break from pain, but also it releases all the stresses that we carry on our backs daily. I can be tired and have a little lazy sex, we don't have to be marathon bunnies to have a good time.

I recommend sex no less than 3 times a week to keep everything exercised. When there are long time lapses between encounters, dust can settle and things can get uncomfortable again.  :P

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »
I recommend sex no less than 3 times a week to keep everything exercised. When there are long time lapses between encounters, dust can settle and things can get uncomfortable again.  :P

Reminds me of that scene in Annie Hall where they both go to the therapist. She says to the therapist, "He wants sex all the time! Like three times a week." and he says, "We hardly ever have sex. Like three times a week."
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Meld256

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
A66ey,
 ;D :D

I fear "the dust settles" around our house more often than we'd like.  Between my husband being exhausted sore/wornout from working his long hours, to me being exhausted, sore/wornout from "just being the new me."

We laugh because it becomes hard to find a time when we both feel decent, but when we do...very nice! In between, we flirt and keep the fires smoldering, even if it's not a blaze like 20 years ago!

Narablueeyes

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »
A66ey,
 ;D :D

I fear "the dust settles" around our house more often than we'd like.  Between my husband being exhausted sore/wornout from working his long hours, to me being exhausted, sore/wornout from "just being the new me."

We laugh because it becomes hard to find a time when we both feel decent, but when we do...very nice! In between, we flirt and keep the fires smoldering, even if it's not a blaze like 20 years ago!

Even at my healthiest, best feeling younger self, I never had sex three times a week.  I'm glad someone's gettin' it and enjoying it.  We try to save our weekends for us time.  Doesn't always work but there have been a few times where a weeknight snuck in and was great but boy did I pay for it the next day.  Didn't care though because it's our special "nice to meet you again" time.  :-)

nancylee

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
THREE TIMES A WEEK???? Hahahhahahahahahhahahahha!!!!

grafxmkr

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Hey I'm only 37!  ;)

nancylee

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »
Well, there you go!!!! If you keep that attitude for years to come, you should have a very happy husband ....

Poor Tim!!!!!

Narablueeyes

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:33 AM »
Has anyone experienced body pain the morning after?  My whole entire being is screaming obscenities at me and not even my Ultram is denting it.