Author Topic: What next???  (Read 4346 times)

Narablueeyes

What next???
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:56:25 PM »
I just spent 2 hours with my rheumy (which is virtually unheard of!!) and she is now thinking lupus.  Gave me an info packet on plaquenil and a Rx for Cymbalta.  I normally run 97 consistently.  Past few days it's been 99 and she didn't like that at all.  She's testing all my bloodwork all over again.  I want a re-spin big time!!

Meld256

Re: What next???
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
Nara,

Guess we can say that your rheumy was thorough!  Info. packet on Plaquenil; that's good.  I was on Cymbalta for almost a year and it helped me continue to work for a while, and feel much better.

At least she's looking into everything, but I'm sure you don't want an additional dx.
Keep us posted.  ;)

Narablueeyes

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
Nara,

Guess we can say that your rheumy was thorough!  Info. packet on Plaquenil; that's good.  I was on Cymbalta for almost a year and it helped me continue to work for a while, and feel much better.

At least she's looking into everything, but I'm sure you don't want an additional dx.
Keep us posted.  ;)

At least I'd be able to put a name on it.  She told me this afternoon that she's not even sure now about Sjogren's.  You liked cymbalta??  What side effects did you experience?  This little girl is very thorough, that's for sure.  I'm lucky to have her on my team.  I'm feeling more comfortable with her after this visit.

KellyG999

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:44 PM »
I tried Cymbalta - I had what I believe is an unusual reaction. I don't want to plant anything in your mind before you give it a try. I'll give details if you really want. Needless to say, I was on it a very short time...

Good luck and feel better!

KellyG

Narablueeyes

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
I tried Cymbalta - I had what I believe is an unusual reaction. I don't want to plant anything in your mind before you give it a try. I'll give details if you really want. Needless to say, I was on it a very short time...

Good luck and feel better!

KellyG

Aww, go fer it!  :-)

Meld256

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
Glad you're feeling more comfortable with her. 

I honestly don't remember any side effects with Cymbalta.  When I started on it, I had fairly bad fatigue, lots of back pain and stiffness in my knees. I was amazed because the first 2-3 days after I started it, I realized my knees didn't hurt!
It also helped some depression I was having.

Good luck with all the new blood work.
(I'm off to bed very early tonight)  8) Take care.

KellyG999

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
OK - here goes. I went nuts, shaking and sweating and climbing the walls all night. Never took it again! However, I am VERY sensitive and can't tolerate many meds that others easily can.

That's just me. I may just be crazy. (That's what the docs think anyway, right?? When they don't know what they are doing...)

You'll do great.

KellyG

Narablueeyes

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
OK - here goes. I went nuts, shaking and sweating and climbing the walls all night. Never took it again! However, I am VERY sensitive and can't tolerate many meds that others easily can.

That's just me. I may just be crazy. (That's what the docs think anyway, right?? When they don't know what they are doing...)

You'll do great.

KellyG

I get ya.  I'm sensitive somewhat but im willing to try just about anything once to see if it might help.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Nara,
sorry to hear the recent diagnosis but....maybe it's not Lupus.  My Mom took Cymbalta when she was in really rough shape and is still on it and it's made a positive difference in her pain and her outlook.  From what everyone's said the Plaquenil is a life saver!  Hope you receive better news with you bloodwork.   
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Narablueeyes

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
Nara,
sorry to hear the recent diagnosis but....maybe it's not Lupus.  My Mom took Cymbalta when she was in really rough shape and is still on it and it's made a positive difference in her pain and her outlook.  From what everyone's said the Plaquenil is a life saver!  Hope you receive better news with you bloodwork.

Thanks gold.  I hope I have better luck with the cymbalta than I did the Lyrica.  And if it's lupus, then it's lupus.  I just go on from there.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »
Hey Nara,
I may have Lupus too....they aren't sure!  I have SSA's and ANA high, but no SSB's.  I'm in that limbo category but frankly I've had aches and pains most of my life and at one time in college I believe I was tested for Lupus.  I didn't show any blood markers then but now, high SSA's!  I would say that my tendons and muscles ache more than my joints now.  I have two rheumy appts in Nov and Dec so we'll see as we continue to "spin the wheel of AI's"!!!!!!
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Narablueeyes

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:55 AM »
Hey Nara,
I may have Lupus too....they aren't sure!  I have SSA's and ANA high, but no SSB's.  I'm in that limbo category but frankly I've had aches and pains most of my life and at one time in college I believe I was tested for Lupus.  I didn't show any blood markers then but now, high SSA's!  I would say that my tendons and muscles ache more than my joints now.  I have two rheumy appts in Nov and Dec so we'll see as we continue to "spin the wheel of AI's"!!!!!!

I saw my rheumy yesterday.  Didnt wear makeup so she could see my red cheeks.  She wants me to see a dermy to make sure it's not rosacea.  I was treated for rosey several years ago and my face swelled up the size of a basketball.  I'll NEVER do that again.  She's retesting all my bloodwork again because I remembered to write all my symptoms in my iPad write program and needless to say, she was more concerned than I've ever seen.  And running this fever just has me baffled!! I NEVER run a fever!! WTH???  Today is rainy and cold and my entire body hurts like a mad woman!!  I would really like a definitive name for whatever this is so I can start on a program to contain it and help stop this pain.  My spin for today is my body screaming at me "Woman, why the heck did you even get outta bed??!!"

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 08:17:34 PM »
Wow....you better get some answers so you can be treated for that pain!  I've got some facial skin issues.....it seems my skin isn't as thick as it used to be and gets red much easier just by washing my face.  When I'm out in the sun I can get a slight burn then tan but the two little fat pads under my eyes (at the cheekbone) get blaring red in a perfect circle....like I have two perfect red circles on both sides of my face.  They go down once I'm out of the sun and blend in with the rest of my face but it's really odd and I never had it before by going out in the sun!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I know things change with age but how do we really know what's age and what's the latest wheel spin of SJS!!!!!!  Take care sweetie....I'll be thinking of you and trying to pray all that pain away from your body!  :)

bonnieblee

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 04:14:16 AM »
I get the red cheeks too!  My sister says it's the Cupie Doll look, very chic if you twirl your hair up into a curl on the top of your head. Then if you add the bright red nose due to Reynauds, yep, even in the sun my nose is cold, you have the beginnings of Bozo in all his glory!! 

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
ROFL Bonnie!!!!!!  I was just picturing everything you said and yur crackin me up ....you must look adorable but for the wrong reasons!!!  My red circles seem to get inflamed when I cry or have allergies too so I don't know if there are sinus' under there or since they're on my cheekbone the sun hits them first....they are just the most sensitive part of my facial skin.  It looks like I took two perfect circles of liquid blush and went out but forgot to rub it into my cheeks!  Maybe when I'm on plaquenil they'll turn brown and I can pass them off as age spots.  I think I'd rather have the cupie doll look!