Author Topic: Brain Fog  (Read 14589 times)

Carebear

Re: Brain Fog
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
Thanks for that Spartan1.

I wrote everything down, and will speak with my family doctor about it on my next visit.

I see Florinef is a corticosteroid.  Have you experienced any side effects?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:27:37 AM by Carebear »
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

ohiolady

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »
Spartan and Carebear,

I just took my BP standing and had the same thing happen.  Pressure and heart rate up significantly.  Sat down and took it and it dropped significantly.  So, this doesn't happen with normal people.  When my husband gets home, I am going to have him take his sitting and standing.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

navydad

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 10:55:43 AM »
Navydad I have to wonder if your having been an electrician and probably gotten zapped many times has contributed to your situation. In a former life I did biological work with venomous organisms and way too many exposures to neurotoxins probably didn't help my current situation either.
I did get hit once with 480 Volts, it literally blew up the screw driver I was holding, it was on a system that we were not allowed to shut down, and it was my own fault,, I wasent watching where the screwdriver was, and grounded it out,,,,, talk about flashes and hot metal splasing all over your goggles,, but your not a electrician if you havent been rapped a few times,,, who knows,, before they did electrical upgrades thoughout the site, it was a electrical nightmare, the place was full of asbestoes too,, we would lift a ceiling tile out to work on something and the stuff was just laying all over the place,, of course we complained,, nothing was done,, we got a union,, and then they tok over and demanded it be removed, oh,, this was a Federal Govt. facility,,

Gingerb

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
Hello. New here.  Happy Holidays!
I just questioned this on another board trying to find out what was wrong with my head.  I messed up 2 cookie recipe's this week b/c I totally forgot 1 ingredient.  I was so frustrated.  I forget phone calls. I forget appoint.s I question my husband sometimes repeating the same thing over and over again.  I too thought it was age related or early signs of "old timers" disease.  But after checking around I realize its the disease.

CAT1962

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
Ginger,

Are you talking about you or ME??  ;) I do all of the above. And, I DID have something to tell you when I clicked reply but hellifiknow what it was now.  ;D When I "lose" a thought I always tell people, 'The train left the station and I forgot to get on it.'

matildajo

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 05:23:45 AM »
God bless you all!  I struggle with brain fog also.  Hate it!  And, few people understand that it's a symptom of the medical issues I have.  I look fine, but I do stupid stuff.  My 5 year old daughter asked me for a glass of lemonade a couple of days ago then followed me into the kitchen.  She said "I just wanted to be sure you didn't forget it like you usually do."  Lol!  You have to laugh to keep from crying, but such is life with autoimmune.  Thanks for sharing your stories.  It makes me feel "normal" not so crazy.

cremer

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 05:53:55 AM »
I hate the whole brain fog thing as well. I have to write everything down, I'm always making lists and ticking them off as I go along.

I often forget my pin number when I'm at the cashiers, stupid as it's such an easy number to remember.

The other day I got lost driving home from my parents house, they have lived in the same house 10 years and I've visited it hundreds of times but I still forgot my way home.

Calli66

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
My brain fog seems to be mostly due to the hypothyroid state I get into 2 or 3 times a years. It sort of sneaks up on me. I start feeling out of touch---sort of in a meditative state---great for not getting upset or rattled, but poor if I have to actually DO something! At the same time, my bowels SLOW DOWN, which creates a lot of belly pain, bloating, constipation, intolerance to certain foods. Then I notice my hair is falling out more than usual. All the while, though, my endocrinologist writes "Great!" and "Excellent" on my TSH lab results.

Calli
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:54:35 PM by Calli66 »

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Just to let you know when you take your blood pressures standing, sitting, lying, etc., you need to rest quietly for a coupld of minutes when you change positions. This helps the body "equilibrate" or adjust to the new position. Our bodies really are wondrous things cause they have so many little things to do to keep us running. It really is amazing that more doesn't go wrong with us!!Irish ;D

Mary

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
The officially normal TSH range is, I think, unfortunately still being set at something like .3 to 4.5.  I've always found that I'm feeling much better keeping it no higher than about 1.0. 

jpd54

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
Okay, so here is my brain fog story of the day.  I have a battery operated spin toothbrush.  Also on our bathroom counter is the spray bottle of eyeglass lens cleaner.  So, have you guessed already??  I grabbed the cleaner, took off the cap and started putting my toothpaste on the lens cleaner bottle.  Good start to the day, huh?!?!

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren