Author Topic: lupus screening quiz  (Read 31683 times)

slang

Re: lupus screening quiz
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »
50% - No one ever knows for sure!

meow

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
44%.
But I already know I don't have it, at least according to the labwork.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

sugarbugar

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »
Mine was 81%.  I haven't been diagnosed with Lupus but Severe SJS.  However, I only scored a 76% on the SJS test.  Hmmm...

CK

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »
50%

Katybarstool

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
75% for me, which is the same as my Sjogren's score. I don't have lupus, but I do have a diagnosis of Sjogren's.

twilite

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
44%.

Autoimmunity

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
This is a 16 question screening for lupus. It gives you a percentage of probability for having lupus.

I am not dx with it, but going to a rheumy in January to be tested for other ai diseases.

I tested 10/16 and 63%. I had to answer no on the lab questions cuz I don't know them yet.
What's your score...

http://arthritis.about.com/od/lupusthebasics/l/bllupusquiz.htm

Sha

I got exactly the same score.  I have thought I have lupus for a long time, but when I had the ana it was negative.  The other labs I have not had.  I do go to a rheumy in a few weeks as something is clearly wrong with me, I just don't know what.  I think it is very rare to have lupus with a negative ana??, but I do have a lot of the symptoms.  I do have the butterfly rash, severe joint pain, I have photosensitivity, sun makes me tired, my eyes are very sensitive, and makes my skin feel like it is on fire, but I think they mean it causes some sort of skin rash?? not that I am in the sun enough to really know. 
I truly wish they had lab tests that you took (like a pregnancy test) that states you either have (insert disease here) or you don't.  Clear cut.  Not, well, your labs are negative as usual, but you can't move your joints, stay awake for more than 5 minutes, or remember your own name a lot of times.  :P

Sha

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »
autoimmunity~

I hope you get some answers! Did you take the Sjogren's test and the others I posted? The one that has all the quizzes is:  

http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=14091.0

Good luck with getting a dx!:)

Sha
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:07:58 PM by Sha »

Sheltiemom

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
19% for me.  But the "yes" answers were also consistent with Sjogren's.

Sheltiemom

Sha

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
Since I posted this and took the test last, I found out I had a positive ANA and looked up what Raynauld's was (so that's what ya were trying to explain), .

I now test at 15/16 and 94%....things that make you go...hmmmmmm :o

Detest yourself after you find out your labs etc.

Sha

amberjolie1

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »
8/16, 50%.

smartbnt

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »
2/16. guess i still need to go to a doctor to be sure.

Elizabeth87

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 07:08:07 AM »
My answers were 14/16 and have an 80% chance I have it. I have been too numerous drs and pretty much get laughed out of the office. I hate this. I got sick one night and went to the ER and I am not sure if I was diagnosed with it or not. She asked my family history and I told her that it runs on both my dads and my mothers side. All together I have 5 family members that have been diagnosed by a physician. She wrote on my discharge papers that I was seen by her for SLE. I had a copy of my labs and she suggested I get a new dr so I can begin treatment. I went to my a new dr. He laughed I tried to explain my past history as well as family. That internist told me that my family was probably misdiagnosed and I said to explain my past history of UTI's and Kidney infections he said it didnt matter. He just wanted to know what was happening to me right then and there. I tested positive for ANA pattern Homogeneous with a Titer of 1:160. not sure if that is high or low since ive seen others that are in the thousands. I wasnt having a flare at that time. I have been tested ANA+ every time. I never get a negative ANA. I have not been tested for any antibodies that would show abnormalities for lupus. I dont know why these drs dont want to help me. I hate this. That new dr I dont plan on seeing him again. He was nice as a person but anytime i tried to tell him my history he would shoot me down and literally just say no. he said I listen to too many drs and im just frustrated.   They also messed up on my papers. I weighed in at 188 his print out said I weighed 145 then my discharge papers weighed 188. they also mixed in some other patients papers. Ug they are unorganized. I just want someone to hear me. I am honestly positive I have lupus and no one will help other than that ER dr but she only works for the ER. I also have High liver enzymes and nothing has happened to treat that. I was told I have fatty liver. I read about that and there really isnt much to do just wait and see I guess. But if nothings done it can deteriorate. I think anyways. 

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 07:35:38 AM »
Elizabeth 87:  6 months ago I would have thought something was wrong with YOU.  Not today.  I moved last summer...and cannot believe experiences with doctors where I live now.  Keep searching.  Physicians are out there who know and care; it's hard to find them.

Oh..and I scored 75%.  I have never been tested. I started thinking I had Lupus about 25 years ago.  My husband shamed me for reading about a "disease" saying I was wishing for it.  Had I read thru the book I would have discovered Sjogren's and could have learned my symptoms had a name. 

Husbands and doctors? You know what's coming next:  Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. (except I am widowed now!!   ;) )
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »
I was 63% too - I was diagnosed with it several years ago based on a lot of symptoms which are NOT in the quiz, plus positive blood tests on almost every factor listed  :(

By the way, only something like 40% of people with Lupus end up with the rash, so that's not necessarily a good indicator.

Judging by what I have learned over the years, I'd say that quiz leaves a lot to be desired in terms of phrasing of questions and updated information on how the disease works.

Lupus is a chameleon and looks very different in different people. Also, if you don't catch it until all or most of the symptoms in that quiz show up, you're in bad shape!!!! It's important to recognize it and get treatment BEFORE a lot of those things happen.

Fortunately, if you're in treatment for Sjs, the treatment is basically the same as for Lupus, so it's kind of killing two birds with one stone. Though of course you still want to keep on top of everything and know what's going on.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day