Author Topic: Running a Temperature  (Read 4047 times)

Terikjackson

Running a Temperature
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »
I read on this website under the home page that Sjogren's can cause changes in body temp and sweating.  Does anyone experience these things other than me?  I just thought it was being a woman but it has been going on for many many years now and getting worse it seems.  Besides I went through the "change" in my late 20's due to a hysterectomy.  I frequently run a temp between 99.5 and 100 and my head sweat's very badly every single day even in the winter just out of the blue and can last for several hours and nothing I do to cool down helps.  I don't sweat anywhere else though and never have body odor.  I just think it is weird.

Teri

bloodless

Re: Running a Temperature
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:18:16 PM »
I'm get hot and sweat a lot for no reason, but it's more than just my head.
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »
Hi  :)

I get awful hot sweats but although I feel the heat rising - it doesn't rise on a thermometer. If I ran a frequent low grade fever I would be back to my doctor about it. Way back near the beginning of this mess I ran a low grade fever every night for three or four months. I did go to the doctor but in all honesty he pretty much ignored it but that was over 20 years ago now - and people are a bit better informed.

Now I have the heat without the fever. Tends to get palmed off by medics as 'hot flashes' - but its NOT. They are well behind me.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

sewandsew

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
I do believe our themostats are not working properly.  Not only fevers but intolerance to any temperature  below 73 degrees or higher than 75 degrees.  Sweat usually pours from the portion of my head called the crown.  You sound like a normal Sjoggie.

Patze

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »
Hi Teri,

I too have problems with heat, and the sweating is starting back up (like Scottie, I'm beyond that as well), and the feeling like I'm getting the flu without the fever the last couple of days is starting to kick my shins.

It's unusual for me, but like the others, my upper torso is now starting to sweat more and the lower half less if that makes sense; eh gads, it's always something or another :-\.  And you're right, it is different, but then, isn't SJS?

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Rayven

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
I get "flashes of hot", not "hot flashes" and this was confirmed by blood work that shows I'm not entering menopause.  But I basically feel intolerably hot at random intervals but don't run a fever.  But if I do get cold, I don't get a little chilly.  I get cold down to my bones and it takes at least an hour with requisite layers of blankets, clothing and warm drinks to make me feel stabilized.

I still prefer the cooler weather greatly. I can always add another layer but there's only so much I can take off! ;)

season

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
Me too!!!!!! I tried for the longest to get doctors to listen to me but they said it was only "hot flashes." I knew different.

I never had a name for it until I started to read about it from others on this site.

For a split second, it is the most horrible feeling that zips thru my head. My temp hovers just below the normal range. So strange.

Terikjackson

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 06:00:17 AM »
Thanks for all the responses.  Makes me feel a bit better that I am not the lone ranger here. I also had blood work done and my hormones are all normal not menopausal. 

Teri

sissyjane

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »
I'm brand stinkin' new around here...but I have this too! I'm learning so much on this forum. I have all of these strange symptoms. I am learning that I'm not alone!

My head sweats so badly. It's embarrassing!

ynevar

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
Sissy--my head sweats terribly too!  In fact, I get so hot and sweaty on my head and hair that sometimes rivulets just run down my forehead!  My hair is often just drenched if I get too hot... Is frustrating but usually not because of hot weather, but our darn wood stove can get just RAGING hot and then I am on overload and need to go to another room away from it.

I am sorry I am not the only one with a very sweaty head :(  I agree that my temperature regulator is totally broken... too hot I pour sweat, too cold and I am can't get warm for quite some time.  Living in Alaska makes that harder!  UGH!

-Y

DSPeter

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »
I am so glad to hear that someone else sweats on their head too!  I sweat so bad that it drips of my head, into my eyes, etc. when I do something as simple as vacuum.    My son told me that it was because I am well hydrated.   ???

ynevar

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
I feel like a soggy sjoggie... at least assumed sjoggie-- lip biopsy results maybe tomorrow... If not I am UCTD (Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease) You are not alone...