Author Topic: GP Doctor Today  (Read 2344 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
GP Doctor Today
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
Had to get an appointment to have this doctor fill out a disability paper for me for the school part for my small pension. Yeah still going on. Long story short, he was deciding what my major disability should be. I said, well sjogren's. He said, no that doesn't make anyone disabled.

I have to explain here. We prayed before this appointment, because this guys personality is quite unusual. He says what he says, and that's it. I did get at least him to fill out the paper, and we got our files to keep that came from a doctor before him.

He listed my main disability as Obesity. Enough said. On the bright side I got a script for antibiotic for a kidney infection. I was running a fever of 100.

Tomorrow we fax all this in, and hopefully we will learn about this part soon. The social security disability through Tn is still in process.

Take Care Everyone, and this site is a wonderful site, and we are all blessed to have this family to come to.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

puccini914

Re: GP Doctor Today
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »
Hi Susanep, just wanted to let you know that SS does now recognize autoimmune diseases, including Sjogren's.  I don't know what might happen if you lose weight, does that mean that they will then terminate your disability.  I would think it would be better to have the real, permanent, disabling disease that you have listed.  That's just my opinion, I have no idea how these things work in Tennessee.  By he way, here's the link to the SS site with the descriptions for autoimmune disabilities.   Best of luck to you and I hope that this is over with soon and in your favor.  It was such a relief when they finally granted mine here in GA.  It took over 3 years.   Don't forget to take care of yourself through all this.  It's so easy to neglect our bodies when we are dealing with all this stuff.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/14.00-Immune-Adult.htm

Peace be with you.

Jennifer

season

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
I have a relative who did indeed receive SS because of Sjogrens, and chronic fatigue. It took her 3 years to receive it in Tennessee.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »
Susan, I hope that doctors diagosis doesn't hinder your application. I don't even know what the guidelines for obesity would be under disability. Thankfully, you have all that documentation of missing work due to illness plus the diagnosis of sjogrens plus all the other problems that you have that are related to autoimmune. You know, I just don't know if I even had a doctor fill out my application papers for disability. I don't remember doing it. It is entirely possible that Social security mailed a sheet to my doctor themselves.

I was so fed up with doctors by then. When I applied Sjogrens wasn't on the approved list of diseases and now it is.I will pray that they can get this going for you. If you have a good case worker I think I would call her and ask her how much water the doctors remarks will make. I know my case worker wat supportive. She told me to keep her updated and I called and told her ever time I had something change. Good luck. Irish