Author Topic: Home from the hospital  (Read 2186 times)

harlin

Home from the hospital
« on: October 14, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
So so glad to be home again. What a couple of days I have had.

I went to see my chiropractor and he adjusted my hip. It hurt really bad this time so he started checking around and found out that I had a very big pulse in my stomach. He was so concerned about an aortic anurism that he sent me straight to the hospital to have it checked out. He actually wanted me to go by ambulance but my husband and I talked him into letting me go by car. They took me right in and started working on me. they did ct scans on my chest, belly and abdomin. The reports came out ok but when he did an EKG it showed an abnormality. Which as he said bought me a bed. They put me in obs over night and ran ultra sounds and ecco's today. The stress ecco came out ok but they did not get the ultra sounds back on my liver, pancress, spleen and kidneys. they let me go home and said they would call me back if anything was wrong. I can't believe they let me go until the reports were back. I am sure everything was ok tho.

What an ordeal. At least I know my heart is ok!!
Glad to be home. Don't like hospitals!
harlin

Cricket

Re: Home from the hospital
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
What a scare you had, but glad everything is okay.   Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Kerrikins

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:07:56 PM »
I hope all if the other tests come back ok, I'm sorry you had such a scare!

newhorizons

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
Our Sweet harlin, What next??? :P Hang in there and rest up a bit!!! :-*   Joy

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
I understand your dislike of hospitals. According to statistics, more people die in bed than anywhere else. Second on the list is hospitals. Hmmm, maybe that is why I do not sleep in bed and I dislike hospitals?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
Joe, My hubby has always had short nights of sleep. Always awakened around 3-4AM and would just lie in bed and rest until about 6AM. He stays in bed a little later these days---6:30 or so. He is 72 and had the stroke in June and was also very ill with an infection at the same time.

He combined for a neighbor 28 hours last week and has been plowing around 10 hours or so every day this week. He has really been a blest man with his recovery from the stroke. The bottom line though is he has told me for 46 years that people die in bed!! And he is right. He sure surprises the heck out of the doctors. Also had the lung cancer last fall and so far is doing ok without treatment. One day at a time!!!!Irish ;D

And yes, I hate hospitals. They aren't good for sick people!!!!

harlin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 12:39:58 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I really am glad I have this support system to help me thru all this. Will it ever stop?

I know there are alot worse problems out there than mine but it really does help to have all your support. It sure is good to be home and I hope I don't have to do that again for along time. No place like home.

Therapist apt went well this afternoon. I told her "one of these days I am going to come in here doing ok" haha.

Thanks everyone for listening, I love you all!
harlin

kellyptyler

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Hi Harlin....glad you are home. I have an abnormal EKG..they say the lupus messed with my heart at one time. It's still abnormal and I take Metatoporl. The Heart Cath etc. was all fine.
Check out my post on Chrones if you have time. Take Care!

kellyptyler

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
I just seen where you already posted on my post. :) I updated it. :)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 01:04:50 PM »
Harlin - glad you are home and your heart is fine. 

I agree, "there is no place like home".   ;D

Have a good weekend . . .

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)