Author Topic: Second Opinion Appointment tomorrow with a different Rheumy  (Read 1332 times)

YYC_ Mommy

Second Opinion Appointment tomorrow with a different Rheumy
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
Last week I went in to my Rheumy that I have been seeing since February 2010. He had my EMG report, said that my nerves look fine, no damage. I asked about the Migrant Sensory Neuritis that the Neuro had said that I had. He said that he does not think that is what I have and that my electrical shock, numbness, etc are from muscle pain.

He wants to keep me on Plaquenil due to my bloodwork and said that I would lots worse without it. He does not want to give me any further medication at this time, although I am still in pain.

I told him about recent pain in my hands as I was handing out freezies at my son's school. My hands were in so much pain, I put on gloves and was still in pain. He said that is part of my disease.

He suggested that I need to lose weight! Of course I NEED to lose weight, yes I am overweight! I know that! I have told him that I am in pain and although since being on Plaquenil I have more energy, when I do try and walk or whatever that I end up in more pain.

I really was liking this guy, I guess until all the test results MRI and EMG came back. I do have the positive bloodwork so that is something. Last year when I was initially diagnosed with Sjogren's I referred to a Rheumy but could not see her until November 2010. Oddly enough, they called today and have an opening tomorrow. I decided to take the appointment and see what she has to say. Maybe the same but I guess I am hoping for something different. Wish me luck!

lynnmarie219

Re: Second Opinion Appointment tomorrow with a different Rheumy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
Good luck tomorrow.....hope you get some answers to your questions and concerns! It never hurts to get a second opinion!

Let us know how it goes!

Patze

Re: Second Opinion Appointment tomorrow with a different Rheumy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »
Good luck YYC_Mommy!

And don't forget to keep us updated!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen