Author Topic: prayers for my mom  (Read 10981 times)

Ohiocat

prayers for my mom
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Please send your prayers and good wishes to my mom - Kathy, down in Florida.

She is currently in the Oak Hill Hospital.   She is dealing with the fact that some how her colon has twisted and has been in a lot of pain as a result.  They have a tube in her nose to pump out the stuff that is stuck on one side of the obstruction and diarrhea taking care of the other side of the obstruction.

It is possible they might operate tomorrow.   Her thought is that the scar tissue that she has is causing this issue (she has fought off colon cancer now twice)

Dad is with her,  but his hearing aids are currently broken and at the his dr office.  So it makes communications with them just a bit more difficult.  When I talked with mom today (on her cell phone) - she said she was a bit tired and weak. 

It is hard know that she is so far away and dealing with this.  So please send good thoughts her way.
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

Cricket

Re: prayers for my mom
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
Ohiocat

Prayers are heavenbound for your mom and you and your dad.  Please keep us posted on her condition.
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

shevonne

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
I am praying for you and your entire family in this time of need! Keep us posted!

Rayven

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »
My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »
Ohiocat - sorry to hear that your mom is having such difficulties. 

Will say prayers for her surgery and recovery and that she will feel better very soon.  I'm sure it's hard on your Dad too.  Prayers all around.

I know from experience how difficult it is to have your parents in one state, and you in another.  Especially, with health issues involved.  Will keep you in prayer too Ohiocat.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »
Hi Ohiocat

I'll keep your Mom in my thoughts. It's awful when someone you love is in pain and you can't do anything about it. The distance is hard too - made worse by lack of communication! I hope they can operate soon and get her on the road to recovery.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:49:32 PM »
(((((((((ohiocat and family)))))))))

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to your mom, dad and of course you! I hope they are able to help your mom get through this and back on track soon. Then she can get on the road to recovery and back to her life with your dad! 

Keep us posted!

Meld256

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
Ohiocat,

So sorry to hear about your mother's illness. I know it's so difficult when you are long distance.

Sending prayers for her, your Dad and for YOU and wishing blessings for you all.

Take care and keep us posted,
Melinda

BonusMom

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »
I'm so sorry that your mother is experiencing such pain and that your father is not able to hear as well without his hearing aids.  Even worse, how helpless you must be feeling since you're not able to be with them.

My thoughts are with you.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that your Mom is having such problems. It is painful to have this type of problem plus one just feels really sick until the get the tube put in. Prayers are being said for both your parents. It is also hard to be without hearing aides. I hope that the doctors write things down so your dad can understand them. A notebook and pen at the bedside would really help with this. Irish ;D

LeoLady

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
Prayers and hugs to you and your family.  Take care.

LeoLady

tomsmom

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:46 AM »
Saying prayers for your mom!

Katybarstool

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
ohiocat

Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

KAthyx

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
Prayers said, and peace to your family. I am so sorry for this time you and your family have to endure.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Ohiocat

Re: prayers for my mom - in surgery now.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
Just spoke to my Dad  (just had to talk a bit louder to make sure he could hear me).

According to his estimates Mom has been in surgery now for just about seven hours.  The latest report is that she is still doing okay and they have found the blockage in her colon and are working on that.

He has had nothing but two cups of coffee so far, but he won't leave the room because they have given him no time estimate at this time.  He feels he needs to be in the room until she is out of surgery.   

It sounds like this hospital also has some sort of status board, that shows the status of the patients in surgery, but he says the board is about 2 or 3 hours behind.

He has promised to call me when he know more.

(and just for the record, florida is on the same time zone as I am - and it is currently 7:45 pm eastern standard time.)

female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;