Author Topic: Costochondritis in lower ribs?  (Read 34233 times)

Ilovedogs

Re: Costochondritis in lower ribs?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 07:57:09 AM »
I'm very interested in this thread!
I've been having tenderness and aching under my breasts and under my right shoulder blade for months.  Then all of a sudden, overnight, the back pain shifted to under my left shoulder blade.  That lasted a few days now it's back under the right shoulder blade.  Sometimes it'll be centered on both sides of my spine between the shoulder blades. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Liz D.

Re: Costochondritis in lower ribs?
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 06:29:16 AM »
Ilovedogs,

It very well could be related to costochondritis.  Are you in a flare right now?  When I am, everything hurts but especially my neck, chest and back area.  Maybe you should check with your doctor and see if he/she can help with meds or something. 

I ended up being in bed with the costochondritis for at least 3 and 1/2 weeks.  Absolutely miserable.  Fortunately, I have the situation in life -- no children and my husband is the breadwinner of the household -- that I could just rest, take my meds, and do the heating pad, etc.  I truly don't know what I would have done if I had to live a 'normal' life during that episode.

I am feeling better now, but being wicked careful not to overdo it.  I went grocery shopping for the first time last week and after bringing all the groceries in, I immediately felt my ribs start to ache.   I took a Naprosyn and went to bed panicking I would flare up again.  So I am still taking it slow for now.

Liz D.
57 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 200 mg; Levoxyl 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin