Author Topic: How to combat dizziness?  (Read 2387 times)

SLEEPY101

How to combat dizziness?
« on: October 24, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
I started a higher dose of efexor and neurotin this week. It really helps my nerve pain but makes me really dizzy and tired. I don't take it at night because it causes me to stay awake or have a restless sleep. So I take it in the morning and at noon time. Does anyone have a suggestion to fight this side effect/

anita

Re: How to combat dizziness?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
Being that you increased both, you might not know which one is causing the dizziness.  I don't know anything about efexor, but neurontin side-effects for me (years ago) reduced over time.

You might want to consider making just one change so you can determine which one is causing the problem. 
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

Suzie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:55:12 PM »
I think that the dizzyness and tiredness, yet wakefulness at night, might be from your new Effexor pill. Those were my side effects when I started. It took a coupla weeks, but they went away.

Well, the tiredness I'm stuck with, but who knows which of my problems THAT'S from.

SLEEPY101

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
I agree Suzie. I only take one Effexor a day now and I noticed that I am a lot more dizzier when I take my morning meds than my lunch time meds. Hopefully I get used to them. I know eat anything with my morning dose so I am going to start eating something maybe that will help a bit.

Suzie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
I bet it'll help to eat something when you take it - my doc couldn't stress the importance of taking Effexor after food enough.

I hope that Effexor keeps keeping my pain at bay - I'm barely functional as it is because of horrendous fatigue. I can't bear the thought of being even more flattened with exhaustion than I am because of Lyrica, Neurontin, Gabapentin or similar.

Mind you, if I ever end up in the type of chronic pain you have suffered from then I just know I'll be begging for a prescription...