Author Topic: Anyone have a normal sed rate?  (Read 36430 times)

navydad

Re: Anyone have a normal sed rate?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
Many times you have to have blood work within 30 days of having a surgery. A muscle biopsy is considered a surgery. It is a very tricky thing to have done. I did not know this until I had mine back in 2004. I had it under anesthesia and they used the thigh.

They need you really relaxed to be able to manipulate the muscles and find a good place to take the biopsy. I had mine ordered through the U of MN and they have just 2 people who they use to do the muscle biopsies. I had to go to another hospital system to have mine done. It takes 4-6 weeks to get the results. It is very tricky and a worthwhile test to have done. Irish
4 to 6 weeks,,,, dont tell me they outsource that now too,, I ordered stuff from overstock.com and got it in two days,, SIGH,,, anyway,, I still just want some twilight,, not all the way out,, its getting hard for me to come out of that stuff,

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone have a normal sed rate?
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
They are not really outsourcing this procedure. Muscle biopsies are very tricky to do and get good results so they go with the guys who do a good job. Not every surgeon will do a muscle biopsy. I did not know this until I got mine done and did some research on it. Irish