Author Topic: Anyone have a normal sed rate?  (Read 36448 times)

Kimmie0502

Anyone have a normal sed rate?
« on: September 04, 2010, 05:35:27 AM »
I ran some labs at work lastnight and my wbc's were normal and my sed rate was 1!! Does this rule out autoimmune problems? Anyone had a normal ESR and still have sjogrens? Iwas feeling pretty good when I drew it, maybe I should have waited til I had a bout of symptoms. Does it fluctuate that much? A sed rate of 1 is awesome, I just was surprised. Any  insight on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

inga

Re: Anyone have a normal sed rate?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 05:45:01 AM »
me

LizM

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:26:05 AM »
I believe mine was normal, as well.

cmclien

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 06:45:01 AM »
mine too

Patze

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »
Hi Kimmie,

Mine has always been high for several years (it was around 60 for a few years and is now close to normal), but lately it has dropped a bit to 24 I think is the last time it was checked. 

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

navydad

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:56 AM »
Mine is usually around 11,,, if they were to do it right now,, I swear it would be around a million,,,,

SueAnn

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 07:49:09 AM »
mine is with in normal range.

Sue Ann
Sjs
LDN, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis..
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D
Female - 50ish

Carebear

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
Kimmie,

Mine too is in the normal range.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

jjj3

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »
Mine is normal.

Cathy

bjnc

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
Mine is within normal limits, although my ANA titer is high and I'm positive for SS-A antibodies.

Becky
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

Babs659

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
My sed rate has been around 7---well within normal range.

Carebear

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:22:02 AM »
Hi again Kimmie,

I did some reading about sed rate, because while I have heard the term many times, I had no idea what it measures.

What I learned is that it is a nonspecific test that is used to help detect conditions associated with acute and chronic inflammation, including infections, cancers, and autoimmune diseases.  However, a normal result does not rule out inflammation or disease.

So as is the case for many of us here, this test can offer our doctors one piece of the puzzle, but it is by no means definitive.  That's what makes autoimmune disease so difficult to diagnosis.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
The last time my Rheumy checked my Sed Rate was in the normal range, I think it was 11?

Joy Cox

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
My last Sed rate was 11 in May 2010.   

navydad

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
I have to wonder why some of us with so many joint pains and neuropathy, that our sed rates arent higher,, I guess that could be why some of us dont get a Dx for so long,, I saw mysterious Diagnosis last night,, this poor girl had had ever increasing abdominal pain,, heart rate went through the roof,, and she was a runner,,, she was pretty much near death before a doctor finnaly figured it out when he asked if her urine was purple,, she had Porphia,, odd part was she got better after each (episode) when she drank sports drinks,,