Author Topic: I don't care what "they" say ...  (Read 20683 times)

inga

Re: I don't care what "they" say ...
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
"Saving Private Ryan" is on TNT.....something to do....makes me cry every time I watch it.  Riles up my PTSD.

inga

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
I just got my bjeuatiful new kitchenaid mixer, in yellow.....and I got a free year of Cooks magazine, and maybe this will inspire me to cook and eat.....if only it scrubbed floors.  (I don't know what possessed me to buy this, except I got such a fabulous deal, and for some reason, I figured I would live long enough to get some use out of it.)  If not, it will be a good to pass on to one of my girls....not the one that almost knocked me out today tho.

navydad

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »
"Saving Private Ryan" is on TNT.....something to do....makes me cry every time I watch it.  Riles up my PTSD.
I was watching that too,,, the invasion scene is hard to take,,,

I have the whole series of Band of Brothers on DVD,, I break that out once in a while,,, its pretty good too,,, I don thave a yellow mixer,, but I think theres a mixer somewhere in the house,,, only baking that gets done around here is done by dunkin donuts,,wish I could eat them,,, Man I miss so much stuff I used to eat

inga

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
Never watched BAnd of brothers, my son was deployed around that time and I couldn't watch it, good thing too, altho my son can watch it and also owns the Band of Brothers.  He did much better with his deployment than I did, even tho he came home with his parts a bit rearranged....Saving Pvt. Ryan is hard enough, altho, I did make it thru the entire WWII in HD.  My father in law was on his way to Saipan when he got wounded for the second time in Tinean.   

Geez this manual for my mixer has a 100 page manual, and the darn thing is in 3 languages I have to learn!  Why can't life be simple?

inga

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
BTW, have the wizards tried you on Baclofen yet?

navydad

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
I think they have used all meds from A to Z,,,,, and the new stove I got my wife has a 100 page manual too,, I just want it to cook something,, I dont need to put somethng in the oven,, set the oven on time delay and hope it comes on,,,

My dad was in the Navy in WW11,, he saw D-Day and also was in on the invasion of Sicily,, along with North Africa,,

My oldest who served aboard Subs told me of some of the missions they did,, hairy stuff,,,, when 9-11 happened I called him,, he was stationed at Pearl Harbor and they have a 6 hour time diff,, he was ticked that I called him so early in the moring,, I told him to turnon the TV,, he did,, hung up and I never heard from him for 3 months,, they put to sea,,, after we went into Iraq,,, I never heard from him for another 3 months,,, but I guess there boat sent a few cruise missles in there,,

I do have my grandfathers draft card from WW1,, where he spent most of his time in a trench,

I have the series (The Pacific),, which I dont find as good as B of Brothers,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But I give Hanks credit for what he has done for the Vets,,

inga

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
My son was an army FO, Baghdad, 2004-5, national guard....signed up before 9-11 and never expected to go to war, let alone be in gun battles. 

My son tells me almost nothing of any of it.  When he got wounded, he called to tell me it was an 'incident'.....He tells my husband and other son more....altho what he has told me, is enough....perhaps I don't want to hear more....I don't need to hear more to get the picture.

Yeah, it's nervewracking.  Doesn't help the nervous system one bit.

inga

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »
Bless them all, I do not have that kind of courage or character.

Madderakka

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
NavyDad, my husband was on a submarine on 9-11 also. By some miracle I was able to get a call through to him when they sent him home to pack his stuff because the baot was still in pieces in dry dock or I would not have heard from him for months.  So I am thankful they were doing repairs that week. One of the boats was actually at the pier, pulling in from a patrol and they literally threw the ropes back at them and told them to turn around.

navydad

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 05:59:56 PM »
Where was he stationed at?,, My Brother in law was a master chief,, had 22 years in,, Navy tried to throw him out when he had 18 years in,, he developed Diabetes,, he had to get a lawyer to stay in and get his 20,, he got it in,, and had been out over twn years when he was killed this past February, he was on his way to work and went into diabetic shock,, and wrecked,,

What did your husband do in the Navy,, Mine went to Nuke school for two years then was on the boat for 4,,, What was your husbands boat,, USS Chicago,, SSN 721

Patze

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »
Hey Inga, if you find something that will scrub floors too, let me know! :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

inga

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
I put my grandson in fleece pj's....he picks up a lot of dust.....

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »
I guess he can't pull the wool over your eyes, huh inga:)

Seeker
Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.

shevonne

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »
Wow!

Suzie

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 03:18:23 AM »
Inga, are your little grandson's parents both in the forces? It seems unbelievably cruel that they could insist on both parents of a little child being sent abroad.

I really admire you for stepping up and taking this on, given your health. They're a joy to be sure, but phew!

;D Suzie