Author Topic: Which came first?  (Read 6041 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Which came first?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
What if there was a virus or "Bacteria" embedded in your Windows, IE, or Adobe and your anti-virus saw that it was there but it had no method of getting into the program to correct the problem. Your immune system would appear to be attacking your body.

My experience as a programmer and one of the hackers that brought down the DARPA Net backbone in the mid 70's says that this is possible on any computer. If I were to engineer a "virus" to produce this effect in cell structures, I would consider "L-form bacteria" as a model. Yes as a programmer I modeled a lot of my software by studying brain and neuro functioning of the human body. It gave me good models for Artificial Intelligence (AI). I also used these models to develop Sign-weighted, Phase Proportional computer logic for AI computer hardware.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

puccini914

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
Joe, that would assume that AI disease are virus based.  I don't believe there's any evidence to support that theory at this time, although it does seem to be virus triggered.  So perhaps it may be the anti-virus may be in some kind of loop still trying to eliminate the long ago terminated virus.  We still would need to find away to either re-boot the anti-virus (immune system) or replace it without destroying the integrated systems involved.  I know my analogy may not be the best, but I'm rolling with it.

Prairie Gal

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Gerty, that new Lupus drug (Benlysta) was mentioned at the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation conference this past spring; they hope it will also help SjS patients since both illnesses are in the same 'family.'  They said it would be available in 3 years, so this is a ways down the road.

cmclien

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
I'm like some of the others, I don't get sick anymore, ever, not even a cold, weird huh?  (yeah yeah I have the jinxing bells going off in my head now). 

I think everyone has answered this well but I want to add that alot of AI diseases run in families too, does anyone in your family have an AI disease?  In my family my brother and my niece both have juvenile diabetes, a bunch of my aunts and my mom have hashimoto's.  Not sure about anyone else.

@Puccini - funny you mentioned the birth of your second child.  Exactly the same for me, after my 2nd child was born all of this started up.  I have thought all this time it was because I got some kind of flu and then strep a couple months after she was born.  I have thought this is what started it but maybe it was hormones from being pregnant the second time.  I guess I'll never know, but something definitely triggered it! 

At first they told me I had post-partum hypothyroiditis which 5 years later turned into hashimoto's and they were right but were missing the SJS thing too!
Cindi

Kimmie0502

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 08:38:48 PM »
Cmclien: my mom actually has been diagnosed with sjogrens, though they think it is secondary to "probable MS". She is negative for all the MS diagnostics, but has lots of symptoms.

I also started this after the birth of my second child. Between 6 and 12 months postpartum I came down with the flu, shingles three times, a stomach virus and developed an anaphylactic allergy to all shellfish! Now I have a million symptoms I won't even begin to list, but the most persistent by far is this dry cough. I am tired of being out of breath! I wonder if it's the hormones or the stress of baby #2.

Suzie

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 09:02:42 PM »
I definitely jinxed myself when reading the Cold topic the other day. I thought to myself, "Funny, that. Since this mess started 2 years ago, I haven't had my usual allergies or so much as a sniffle. I had pneumonia, but regular colds and coughs passed me by. Hmm, nice to think my auto-immune system is doing me some actual GOOD!"

Lo and behold. Woke up next day with the sniffles and now I have a sore throat and swollen glands.

JINXED!

But seriously, I have always been mystified - and delighted, in a superstitious and cautious way - about my kids' robust good health. They never catch ANYTHING (knock wood), not even colds.

With my oldest, I thought it must be from her gaining immunity from me though breastfeeding. My second only nursed for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure that theory holds true. But maybe that early stuff (colustrum) did the trick? I caught everything going as a kid, so it's great to think it served a wonderful purpose.

Now, though I'm wondering if their super-strong immune systems will go to work on them, and cause Auto Immune Disease down the line.

Sheesh. You worry when they're sick, and worry when theyr're NOT sick!

Suzie

puccini914

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
Kimmie, that's so crazy!!! I too developed a CRAZY allergy to shellfish.  I mean anaphylactic as well.  I couldn't resist this incredible stuffed portobello mushroom with imported parmesean and fresh crabmeat and bread crumbs from fresh baked bread that a friend baked.  I had the tinest little bite, I mean barely enough to even taste and immediately my throat started to close.  Thank God for double doses of Benedryl or I would've been in the hospital that night.  Last Christmas, at a party, my husband had been chowing down on mussels in white wine sauce and came over and kissed me.  Just a kiss and my lips started to tingle like they were on fire and even my mouth started to itch.  He's a great kisser, but this is ridiculous!  I had to run and wash my mouth with soap and water and wash out my mouth and take a benedryl.  I too started getting symptoms when my second child was born.  I often worry that my 7 year old may out it together that Mommy didn't get sick until Joey born.  His brother is such a handful to at 3 years old and really sucks up my energy I really hope he doesn't put to much blame on his little brother, he already finds him to be such a pest as it is.

puccini914

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Here's something else crazy, my docs been considering having me go for a spinal to screen for MS, just in case.

Pegasus47

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
No one in my family has AI.  I started having asthma early in my 20's.  My menopause also came early.  I think for me at least, Stress has a lot to do with it. 

Stress cause blood vessels to constrict, leading to insufficient delivery of nutrients and blood to extremities, brain, eyes, mouth, heart, the whole body.  It can change body chemistry. 

I feel like I am fight a battle with this disorder.  Taking meds is just not an answer.  I am going to try practicing Yoga or Tai GE and see if it can help me heal.  I know there is a machine called "Resperate" which help you breath slower, deeper, and reduce blood pressure.  I think a similar exercise should help us heal from this disorder. 

Anyone else willing to try it with me?

Pegasus

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
I know blood pressure can be lowered by just thinking about it. A couple of times my GP has taken my BP and said "It's a bit on tghe high side - will you just sit still and not talk for a while and I'll take it again."
If I sit still and breathe slowly - it always goes down.
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Lesleybird

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »
  We have Sjogren's because our bodies immune identification system is mixed up to think that some of our own body components in the cells are foreign and need to be attacked. So our immune systems are over active fighting off it's self.    Lesley