Author Topic: What are your Worst Fears?  (Read 13494 times)

Dolly Dimples

Re: What are your Worst Fears?
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
  Right this moment  as I feel the cold so very easily, I fear that the power supply goes off and that i might freeze to death.

I am in the UK and we are getting some pretty wicked weather snow wise!!
           I so pray that all our fears are ungrounded,
                      You all have my deepest admiration in the way that you still try to manage your lives.
                    Bless you all, Dolly x

Patze

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
Aw Dolly, I'm sorry that the weather has gotten so awful so fast, and I hope that it settles down quickly for you.

I'm sending you some soft

( ( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) )
and I sure hope that your electricity never goes out this winter.

Take care my friend -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »
This has been interesting reading, depressing, but interesting. I have always been such a worrier. The big thing was worrying that something would happen to me and I couldn't take care of the kids. My hubby traveled and was away from home a lot so I had lots on my plate. Well, all that I worried about then never came to pass---something we should all keep in mind when we worry. I am now 67, almost 68, and I still worry some but not nearly as much as I did.

My biggest worry is that I will die before my husband or that my health will be impacted to the point that I wouldn't be able to take care of him in his last days. He is 72 and has had a lot of health problems. The last ones being lung cancer and a stroke between Sept 09 and June 10. I will do much better at growing old than he will. He can't stand sitting around and he can't stand nursing homes and hospitals. My goal has been to be able to take care of him at home. I have a DIL that lives next door who is a nurse plus public health could help some.

I also worry that the lung cancer could come back with brain metastasis and that he could have another stroke with brain damage. The brain damage can make people very combative and mean and that can make caring for someone at home quite hard.

If I can make it through those problems I will be happy. I worked in nursing homes for 25 years so I know the drill and being a patient is not what I would want, but we can't change a lot of stuff in our life. Also, I am hoping that I never lose my hearing in my left ear or my vision. I love to read and I love to listen to the radio. Radio is just the best thing to cure loneliness.

However, if I do lose those things I know that I will be able to lay in bed and think about the days of my youth with my hubby and kids. I my brain goes and I can't think about those days---who cares cause I won't know--hopefully. We just can't sit and worry about some of these things. Another fear I have is to not be able to drive. I am hoping I can for a few more years.

I am wondering if those of you with parents who had Alzheimers know for sure that is what they had. There has been no way to tell except on autopsy. I am thinking that they might have some up with a blood test just recently. There are so many diseases of the brain that can appear to be alzheimers. Dementia is the big umbrella word that covers all the loss of cognition.

I guess that with all this being said I still think that no matter how bad things can get--and they can get pretty bad, it seems that we always seem to make it through in some way, shape or form. We can't change it and while we are able it is best to laugh as much as we can.

Frankly, I worry more about the economy and our nation than I do about hubby's and my health. The economy will greatly impact what happens to us if we become all we fear. So , time to smile and go think positive thoughts. This from a woman who spends all her computer time hacking and spitting mucus going on 11 years. Irish ;D

flutterfly

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »
MY WORST FEAR IS NOT BEIN' ABLE TA BE THERE 4 MY PEEPS WHEN THEY NEED ME!

cause due ta stress makin' flares worse it seems like every important celebration or event is WHEN MY BODY GOES ON STRIKE!
& i just trudge 'long tryin' ta still ~be there~ but eh one day (feels like it could be sooner than i want) i JUST WON'T BE ABLE TA BE THERE FOR ~ME~...
LET ALONE MY PEEPS!

i"ve never had a normal life...was always the weaker/sicker twin! from the start i always was a sick baby & kid by the time i was 15 i had my 1st tummy surgery for endometriosis! then type 1 diabetic by 20 (durin' the 4th tummy surgery that 1 i lost my appendix & part female parts...didn't need 'em anyways!) then diabetic gastroperisis by 25...bursitis & arthritis by 27! oh don't 4get the agoraphobia & all the other random ailments that cum knockin' on my back door! 

i guess i'm just 'fraid 1 day i won't be able ta handle it anymore! :'(

~*flutterfly flitterin'in thoughts now*~

Reanne

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 01:06:35 PM »
My worst fears are to die from lung issues.  I watched my mother suffer for years.  Since I've felt so short of breath lately, it makes me wonder if I face the fate as she did, slowly suffocating.  :(

Loon-Lover

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
I totally agree with losing one of my children or grandchildren.

Another fear right now is not being productive. I have worked all my life, and for the first time I'm coming to grips with the fact that I can no longer do my job!

I have been back on disability now for 5 months, I'm seeing a therapist to help me thru this trying time. I will be appling for SSD and it really scares me.

Lesleybird

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »
   My worst fears are that I would be so fatigued and in pain by the Sjogren's that I could no longer work.  Running out of money when I retire. Having my husband become an invalid in his old age with alzheimers or something, or him dying before me. Often I feel so bad that I wish that I were dead to be out of my misery, I also fear growing old and not being able to care for myself, but I really don't want to die.  Lesley

Meld256

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 03:56:05 AM »
This is an interesting thread ...we all have fears of something.

Suppose my most recent fear is that my health will deteriorate to the point my husband would need to care for me. I know that he would gladly, but I don't want to put that burden on him.
Worse yet, would be his death or any of our 3 children's death. It may sound bad of me, but I may be able to handle losing him better than my kids. I don't know; he is my best friend and life partner.

It seems strange that some things I feared before, have come to pass. I dreaded a parent passing, and I lost my mother 3 yrs. ago after an awful illness. My husband lost his father, whom I loved like my own dad. Eight family members in 9 yrs. Several years ago, we feared job losses. Those happened...we feared losing our home and that happened. Our sweet only grandchild, Chloe, died at 13 mths. in 2008 after heart surgery. I believe that was the worst loss of all. But I've survived and still see happiness in life.

My husband's grandmother had a wonderful resilience. She lived to 93 yrs. old, and lost her husband at a young age and saw 2 sons pass before her. She survived colon cancer, and was in a wheelchair her last 5 yrs. She rarely complained and seemed that she understood change was a part of life, whether it was change that was good or bad.  She didn't own much, and she was happy with the life she had.  I hope that I learned just a bit from her how to see the beauty and joy that's in the world, no matter what my circumstances may be.

Pegasus47

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
My worst fear?  Having a sound mind, at least being aware and an incapacitated body. 

Remeber the story of One Million Dollar Baby?  Paralized and still can think?

For what ever it is worth, I am still trying to figure out how to die quickly and penniless.  This is a joke.  If anyone knows how.  Let me know.

Meanwhile, I am so thankful for I am capable and try to live in the moment- not easy!

Pegasus

Sha

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »
I've had several, but at this very moment...

1) losing my dad, twin, hubby or kids!
2) that I don't have enough info to get treatment for sjogrens.
3)getting diagnosed with another AI disease.
4) having one of my kids diagnosed with an AI disease.
5) not being able to continue to work in autism room cuz im not strong enough until retirement. Cuz I absolutely love my job, but it has very physical demands.
6) saying something that might offend someone on this board or getting kicked off cuz I have a twin.

Those are my newest fears in a nutshell!

Sha~who always tries to make everyone happy...huge job!;)

Meld256

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »
Mudpup,
Just reading through this posts and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. You've had a tough time of it! I truly believe, too, that many of these physical problems can arise from trauma and stress. I believe that happened with me.

I've had some tough years, too, lately and it seems a journal does help. Just a thought...but anytime you want to write away here, remember there are people who listen and care.
Take care of yourself,
Melinda

Nathan

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
I've been gone from around here for a while. The last time I was around, I had just gotten married. Well... that didn't last long, and my ex bailed on me. I've been on my own since then. Given my age and other life factors, my worst fear is being alone.
It's hard enough for normal people, then you add on chronic disease (being sick isn't sexy, unfortunately), the potential for a bad future outcome, depression, etc, and it makes for a tough time.

I'm back around here though, just in time for a new flare...

mink

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »
My worst fear is being a burden to my children and them seeing me suffer  :(

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 04:02:19 AM »
Welcome back nathan. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Mink a lot of us fear being a burden.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Patze

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 04:19:22 AM »
Welcome back from me too Nathan, and I'm also sorry to hear about your marriage.

Take care of yourself, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen