Author Topic: Is your pain worse in the hot or cold weather?  (Read 9413 times)

babycakes

Re: Is your pain worse in the hot or cold weather?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
the cold is definately worse for me.  Im usually freezing cold and get numb blue hands if the temperature drops to slightly cold.  Its a nightmare and i can never get warm.  also my joints feel stiff and painful.  The hot weather comes with its problems but id take it over the cold season anyday.

beautifulkrissy026

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
Lets see cold causes my joints and muscles to ache and cramp along with the dryness. The summer I can't breathe in the humidity. Let's see is there anywhere I can move where it stays a happy and comfortable 75 degrees. That would be nice otherwise year round sucks.

ottawagirl

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 06:47:56 AM »
I get alot of joint pain in hot and cold weather, however, like syng4hym, my SJS symptoms are much worse in the summer because of heat intolerance.  I just can't seem to take the heat and humidity anymore and unfortunately I end up staying in most of the summer.   :(

kwolfsheimer

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
I used to feel like summers were better for me (probably because I taught high school for 15 years and needed the rest that I got over the summer).

But now that's over. I seem to get more flares during the summer-- it fact, going through one right now. My hair falls out, my hands swell, and my joint pain is excruciting.  I am hoping that winters will be better for me now that I have my tonsils out.  I do get really cold-- I even wear long jammies in the summer.

SLEEPY101

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 08:28:30 PM »
Kwolf that is interesting that you said that your hair falls on in the heat.  I lost a lot of hair 2 summers ago and had a huge bald spot on the back of my head. I thik it is starting again,because I am usually more hair and my hair has complety changed texture. It takes me about an hour for me to brush out all my tangles that is not usual at all for me.