Author Topic: Wow....it has been awhile  (Read 2773 times)

Victoria05202000

Wow....it has been awhile
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:26 PM »
Hi all,

It has been awhile since I have been on here. Feels good to be back. Those that remember I have Sjogrens and it affected my kidneys to the point that I am on the kidney transplant list. I am still waiting for a kidney, but doing well. It has been a long year emotionally that started off with a 3 week hospital stunt. Can't wait to catch up.

Take Care!
Victoria

ErinG

Re: Wow....it has been awhile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
I'm glad to see you back around again, Vicky  :)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:36:16 AM »
Hi Victoria  :)

It's good to see you again. It's odd - but I was wondering the other day whether you'd managed to get that kidney yet. I do hope one comes up for you. You've been waiting a long time.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Victoria,
  Thank you for letting us know how you're doing.   We've missed you! 
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »
Hi Victoria,

Welcome back...glad to hear that you are doing well!

Chickpea

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Great to hear from you again!  You've been on my mind a lot recently and I was wondering how you were doing.

Why are you still waiting for a kidney?  Wasn't there a possibility of having a kidney from a co-worker's sister or is my memory playing tricks?

I remember that lots of people were rallying round to help.  Did the fundraising go well? 

I've not been very active on the boards for the past few months because I've had some extra health issues to deal with, starting with a bad reaction to Cytoxan and leading to planned heart valve replacement surgery.  That hasn't happened - yet - but I'm functioning on low batteries!

Hope to hear more about how you're doing.

Take care - Chickpea

Joy Cox

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
Hello Victoria, Well must say you  sure brought Chickpea out of her closet!      ;)   Chickpea, have thought of you so often and again read your pm to me a couple days ago and thought the time was nearing to check on you.

Can see by all replies to Miss Victoria, You're a KEEPER!!!    ;D  I have not had the pleasure of visiting with you on the boards ... Please keep us posted!!!

Joy In TN

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »
Victoria,Wow, I have thought of you a couple times lately I just figured that you had the transplant and were recovering. Turns out you are just recovering. Hope that you can hang in there and have halfway decent health. Will continue to think of you and keep you in my prayers for a new kidney---fast!!! Irish ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »
Hi Victoria

Really plased to see you back. Sorry about the kidney though.

Hugs
Kathyx