Author Topic: Tingling sensations?  (Read 2497 times)

DragonflyC

Tingling sensations?
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
Hi, all!

I've started getting these strange tingling sensations in various parts of my body.  It starts almost like a localized chill, usually on the back of my right hand, but also in my wrists (both hands), and up through a few of my fingers.  I also sometimes get them in my feet, thighs, and every once in a while my biceps.  It creeps up like a chill and lingers for a few seconds (not usually up to a minute).  I usually get a few in a row, and then they go away for a few hours to up to a day.  It doesn't seem quite like the "electric shocks" that run through some of your bodies, but maybe it is?  I don't think it's intense enough to be neuropathy, but I'm wondering about that, too. 

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  Am I just making something out of nothing?  It's not that bad; I wouldn't be concerned at all except that it's a new sensation and I've become wary of changes in my body. 

Thanks!

--C.

YYC_ Mommy

Re: Tingling sensations?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »
I get these all over as well, they are even on my head. I have no insight as to what is causing it for me as I am still awaiting tests. I will say that these started first for me and then the electrical sensations started. I now get them both all over my body.

I look forward to hearing from others as well.

babycakes

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »
hi there

i also get this, very weird sensations, tingling and sometimes a feeling of things crawling down my arms etc.  I also get the numbness, stinging sensations, stabbing pains, i think it may all be to do with neuropathy and i am hoping to get a punch hole biopsy soon

take care annie

jaygee

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
I get a variety of these things.  Sometimes its like a chill (complete with goosebumps) that will go in waves, slowly, over various parts of my body.

Joy Cox

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
Hi All, Do you have more of these sensations in day of nighttime?  I get chills to what my Mother described as 'cold to the bone' chills... Mine are usually while in bed at night.

In last year diagnosed with PN as an overlap of fibro since at the time of testing was complaining of feeling like I had the flu...which Duke rheumy always states is fibro sensation.

Trust this might help someone to find answers.  Joy

DragonflyC

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
Hmm. . .guess it does sound like a Sjogren's thing.  Thanks, everyone!  It's good to get feedback.  I'm not sure why I'm always filled with self-doubt about my symptoms; I guess because it's such a weird disease that I just think, "Really?!" every time something new comes along.   

I don't think that the sensations are worse at night for me, Joy.  They happen at any time, though I've noticed them A LOT more today than usual.  I'm sure it didn't help that I had some major stress at work; I'm managing it OK, but stress often seems to get to me before I can get over it.  The sensations are more annoying than anything.  I took a nap this afternoon so that I'd have enough energy to go out for tapas with friends, and I'll make sure that I get to bed early tonight.  Hope that calms my body down.   

Chickpea

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:21:15 PM »
Hi Dragonfly

Yes - this is another SjS 'gift'.  It's a form of neuropathy and has all sorts of names (technical ones, not just the ones we give when we're feeling annoyed!) depending on which part of your body it decides to go.  I don't find these fleeting tingles as painful as some forms of neuropathy, and sometimes they can make me laugh out loud.  Specially when the tingles start in my lower back and work their way downwards. 

After I had an accident last year and had a big wound across my scalp I found that the tingles got confused because of the nerve damage.  So they'd start on the left side of my head, pause for a while, and then start again across the scar.  Anyone else experience tingles with nerve damage?

Does anything help?  I've had fewer since I started on Prednisolone nearly two years ago, and even fewer when I was on CellCept.

Hope you have a restful night.

Thinking of you - Chickpea