Author Topic: Time to say good by  (Read 20363 times)

navydad

Time to say good by
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:59:16 AM »
well good people, its become apparent that my medical doctors dont have a clue to what I have,, I have watched my muscle deteriote to the point where I can barely walk,, I am in constant pain and my arms and stomach just refuse to wrok anymore,, I guess i dont have SS, but some other kind of disease,, Pain meds do nothing to stop the pain
  I have come to love all of you very much and I have appreciated all the good advice you all have given me over the past couple of years,, but I need to take some time to either force the issue with my doctors or just keep wilting away till its out of myhands,, So with that I just wanted to say see ya later,, if I ever find out anything i;l beback to let you know what it is,, but at the rate I am going,, i am not hoping for anything in the way of miracles,, God Bless you all,, I hope we all find a cure to what is slowly destroying us,,

Babs659

Re: Time to say good by
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:06 AM »
I'll miss you :'(

Good luck

Sweetgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:32 AM »
Dear Navydad,

Sometimes it is just all too much.  We understand.

I hope you find some help and answers sooner than later.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

Kristine

Ohiocat

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »
hang in there  navydad
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
Hi Navydad  :)

I'll miss you too. Please keep in touch intermittently and let us know how you're doing. I think a lot of people need a break from the forum after they've used it for a while, watching the same questions come up - and of course, the same answers - or not as the case may be.

Good luck with the fight!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Livvie2

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
Navydad,

If you want to say "hello" again at some future time, please do.  It sounds like with the confusion of your diagnosis, that you need some space to think about things.

I have given myself permission to come and go on this site.  I'm not a moderator so I don't have any obligations. I love that this group exists and goes on posting even if I am too tired or not in the right mind set to join in by replying.

I don't have a "formal diagnosis" of Sjogren's either. I am negative on those two antibodies and I don't want to go for the lip biopsy. But what else could it be?  For my situation,  the puzzle pieces fall into place for Sjogren's.

Navydad, do your best to keep support around you.  It is hard enough going through what you're going through. Sometimes I tell myself if I have to have these physical issues (which I didn't choose), then I'll be extra nice to myself with small things which comfort or ease the symptoms. 

Best wishes, Navydad.   

Livvie2

lori

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »
navydad- im gonna keep praying for you.

God bless

lori

kellyptyler

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 10:25:11 AM »
I'll keep you in my prayers..hang in there.

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »
Well, I am going to miss you! I hope that things really do work out for you and that one of the doctors from Mayo can eventually help you. Best of luck and I do hope that we hear back from you that someone has been able to help you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Cricket

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
Navydad

Hope you will push this with mayo and I hope you get some answers.  Hang in there, even though your body is in bad shape I get the feeling you have a very strong will.  I have always enjoyed your posts and will miss them.

Prayers and gentle hugs to you
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Patze

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
Aw Navydad, I'm so sorry that you're leaving us, and I hope that you'll be able to keep us updated my friend.

Take care of yourself and I sure hope that your doctors figure it out soon -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Blue Kat

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
Take care, Navydad, and let us know what your doctors do find out, if anything.

Sheltiemom

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
Navydad -

Have only been at this site for about four months, but always was very interested in your posts.  Just a thought:  When you were at Mayo, were you tested in its Autonomic Lab for autonomic nervous system failure in any form, and if you so - were the findings normal or not?  I don't recall what you said your brain MRI (with contrast, or why bother) and other neurologic studies showed in the way of abnormalities, if any.  But the autonomic nervous system can sometimes be overlooked by neuros and can cause a lot of problems when it goes abnormal.

Very best wishes to you, and please don't give up the ship.

Sheltiemom

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
  Navy Dad,  So sorry you feel you had to go, but do understand.
                          You will be much missed but always in our minds and prayer's.

It is most disappointing to have paid all that money,
                             and did all that travelling, for you to be left high and dry like this.

May you get some answers eventually,
                                       and may you find some comfort in the fact that you fought this battle like a trooper, and may still win the battle yet.
                                                    Bless you lad  , Dolly x

mink

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 07:29:13 PM »
Navydad
   Even though I barely use this site, the times that I do I have always looked forward to reading your posts. You have inspired me in ways that others have not been able to do so because i too have had my world turned upside down by disease and pain. Just like you I have longed to be the person i was once and do the things i used to be able to do.  Please don't give up and above all keep the faith. You will be missed!!!!!

[
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:03:50 PM by mink »