Author Topic: Time to say good by  (Read 20455 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Time to say good by
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 04:49:30 AM »
Pain management takes time and practice. It is not and overnight relief. It is also tough to find a good pain clinic. We have several in MN but the alternative one that I went to no longer exhists. Most just see to collect the money and say you are cured. There support groups for Sj and others for Chronic Pain. They usually do not have any fees and seem to have good success rates. The general principle of a support group is, "Helping you helps me".

I found having someone that you could talk to with similar problems helped me not to feel all alone and isolated. That helped me through the suicide decade. Take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

bjnc

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 04:50:36 AM »
Navydad,

I'm so glad you haven't left the board.  But I hate what you're having to go through.  Please don't give up, and keep us posted.  We're all pulling for you.

With prayers,
Becky
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

mac

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 06:08:06 AM »
navydad.... ???

What are we all thinking????   ???   ???
You need to go to Trenton, NJ and visit with Dr House and his team!!! ;D  They can solve any and all impossible cases and they do it in an hour!
Don't ya just wish and pray there really were doctors like that?

Sad PA lost Lord Stanley's Cup at both ends of the state but I understand Patrick Sharp will be able to take The Cup to my little buddy Connor for his 'hat trick'.

Hang in there friend, the fat lady has not sung.
m

Nans

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »
>>>You need to go to Trenton, NJ and visit with Dr House and his team!!! Grin  They can solve any and all impossible cases and they do it in an hour! <<<

Yeah!  I saw the episode where he diagnosed a woman with Sjogren's Syndrome by cutting an onion in front of her face.  When she didn't make any tears, he made the diagnosis.

beverley

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Navydad,

Sorry you haven't got any answers, but I am soooo pleased you haven't deserted us yet.  We need you as much as you need us!

Beverley

Net

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
I haven't been on the site in awhile and am soooo sorry to hear about what you're going through navydad. I was looking up about silly old bladder infections and read your very sad situation. I have heard such good things of Mayo and am sooo disappointed that you are feeling left high and dry. I know when I'm feeling crappy when things turn around you really appreciate the good feeling days. Sounds like you aren't having 'any' of them. Big hugs and hang in there, keep us posted, and keep letting those docs know that you don't have to have a diagnosis, just let you be 'you' again !! Hugs again--Net
P.S. Sjogrens or not, you are always welcome here, heck 'are we even diagnosed correctly?'--
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:42:00 PM by Net »
Sjogrens,Chiari 1 malformation, osteoartritis of feet and hands,chronic sinus inflammation

Meds: plaquinel,etodolac,sertraline,restastis,clortimizale troches, pulmicort,predisone(bursts)