Author Topic: Doctor recommendation  (Read 2308 times)

Sarah

Doctor recommendation
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:13:03 AM »
Need the name of a good and kind doctor in West Phoenix, Sun City or Sun City West, Arizona.  Had such a bad experience with my internist the last two times and want to change.  One should not feel afraid of their doctor.

lynnmarie219

Re: Doctor recommendation
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
One should not feel afraid of their doctor.

I don't know what happened in your situation, but I have overheard or heard of some doctor/patient conversations that are totally out of line...and you are 100% correct...you should not ever feel afraid of your doctor.....he/she is working for you!

I wish you luck in finding a good and caring doctor in your area.....they are out there!

Have you looked into a teaching hospital or medical center near you? There are usually some very good doctors of all specialties to choose from there.

navydad

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
Isnt there a Mayo in Arizona?

Patze

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
Hi Sarah,  Navydad is right, there is a Mayo Clinic in the Scottsdale/Phoenix are of the state.  Have you tried them yet?

Lynnmarie is right, you don't need to be afraid of a doctor, no one ever needs to be.  Good luck in the search and I'll keep my fingers crossed as well.

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Sarah

Re: Doctor recommendation - West side of Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 06:19:13 AM »
Thank you all for answering.   Phoenix is a very big city - 35-40 miles from west side (my need) to east side where Mayo is.  The teaching hospital is in Tempe, another 35-40 miles.  Mayo does have a satellite office about half way closer, but they have discontinued taking Medicare patients.  Because of my age and eyesight, I can no longer drive too far.  Because of the aged population in AZ, it is very difficult to get appointments.  Hospitals and dr. offices are very crowded here, as it is in Florida.  A lot of the doctors no longer accept Medicare patients.  I can't imagine what it will be like under Obama care.  Now they say Social Security is in the red, so I imagine they are going to take away from that.    I am sure it is not easy being a doctor here due to the aged population, but a lot of them don't do much and charge big bucks for their service and then are mean to their patients.  Sorry, I just feel bad today. 

SLEEPY101

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »
Sarah is there a medical taxi service in your area? I would think there might be because of the older population in your city. We have one in our area and it is very inexpensive. Some clinics,hospitals might even have free shuttle service. My Grandparents went to Meza,AZ every winter and when my Grandpa was in the hospital for a few weeks the hospital shuttle would pick up my Grandma every day so she could visit him. Its worth researching.

I feel your pain about Dr's and insurances. There are very few Doc that take HMO and if they do they are booked. I don't get to see my PCP until Nov 7th. Now I know why everyone in AZ and CA seek medical treatment in Mexico. I am to chicken to try that because I don't speak the lanuage and a weary about the process. But I know a lot of people that go to Dr down there or MC patients that buy there meds down there. It's a shame that we can't get the medical service we need in our own country.