Author Topic: MRI Results Tomorrow  (Read 2340 times)

YYC_ Mommy

MRI Results Tomorrow
« on: May 02, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
I went for an MRI 2 weeks ago and I go in to see my Rheumy tomorrow for the results. When I went to the MRI the gal there commented that my Rheumy had asked for many tests and that it would be a long test, longer than most people. I guess I took that as a good sign, that my doctor is looking at everything possible.

The two weeks of waiting have been hard. On one hand I would like to have some idea as to the cause of my electrical shocks, shaking etc. I am just worried about what it COULD be,

I know I should try and not worry, and I have been doing my best. Sometimes my mind just gets the better of me! It will be, what it will be. I can only hope for the best and if the answers are not on the MRI perhaps it will still give my doctor some help in figuring it out.

Thanks for listening! Wish me luck tomorrow  :)

shevonne

Re: MRI Results Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:36:41 AM »
I wish you luck and you are in my prayers!  Keep in touch!

Patze

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:50 AM »
Good luck YYC, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!!!

And don't forget to keep us updated, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Beta

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:01:38 AM »
YYC,

I wish you good luck! Please let us know, when you get results.

navydad

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:45:18 AM »
Hope there are some clues for you and the Rheummy

Get a copy of the report and teh DISC,,, always keep records incase you need them later on, and a word to the wise,,, Dont think that Radiologist A is a great one,, if you think thee not right,,, ask for tehm to be read again by another raidologist, I had one come back that was reported as shwoing nothing,, later on it was read again and it showed teh Chiari

mac

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
Ditto the above, Mommy.  Will be keeping you in thought, prayer and heart.  I know the last two weeks must have been soooo difficult for you!   :(   I believe half the battle to winning is to know what the battle is!  :o   Good, bad, ugly?  At least you know how to brace yourself for the struggle.
Let us know how things go.
Hugs,
Gidgie's Gammie

YYC_ Mommy

Re: MRI Results
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »
Went to see the Rheumy today to get the MRI results. Good news......he says that their is nothing wrong with my head! There was no indication that the cause of my electrical shocks, buzzing etc from the MRI.

Strange news.......there are some indications that I have Inflammatory Sinus Disease and some lymph nodes that were large.

He is sending me for some more tests, some blood work that I will have done on Wednesday. And I am still awaiting the Nerve Conductivity testing. He feels that this will give  him the last piece of the puzzle.

Until then, he wants me to continue to take the Plaquenil. He said that he wants to hold off giving me anything else, like steroids, until he has these last results.

He said that he is thinking I have Sjogren's with neuropathy BUT again he wants to wait on the tests.

I feel relieved that it is not a tumor or something like that. From reading on here from others, I also thought about the neuropathy so I was not surprised to hear it. Now just more waiting for confirmation on that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:48:44 PM by YYC_ Mommy »

Suzy

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
Hey There,

You must be relieved that waiting is over! I'm glad to hear it's not a tumor. So sorry about the neuropathy, though. I'm hoping I'm not headed in that direction but my numb foot tells me otherwise.

Please keep us posted!
Suzy

gurs

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 04:15:22 AM »
One thing I learned about MRI and other testing, if something is really wrong, they contact your doctor immediately...(usually). I just had another MRI/MRA 2 days ago and sure
nothing will show, even though I have horrible Neuro issues. My other docs tell me that this is from the Sjogrens, or it can be hormonal..this all started right after
my hysterectomy and went into menopause..seems alot of us in menopause have the neuro issues?
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements