Author Topic: Chance to educate my urologist!  (Read 1240 times)

dmouse

Chance to educate my urologist!
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »
Starts out as a funny story!

I now work in a hotel at the front desk. Every night I've worked, this guy comes in with his autistic child who likes to tour the few hotels in the area floor by floor. Makes him happy and we don't mind a bit. I recognize the guy but can't place where. I'm thinking maybe he's seen my husband's band...  @10 last night they show up, stop at the desk to let us know they're there. I tell my co-worker, "I know this guy" She tells me he's in quite a bit... About 1/2 hour later, he comes up to let us know they're finished. I look close and say "OMG! I know where I know you from" He looks confused. "You're my urologist!" He replies "Wow, you recognized me in street clothes! Out of the office I'm George" He finally recognized who I was and we chatted for a minute and then they left. I turn to my co-worker, laughing my behind off and tell her "He just saw me in stirrups last Tuesday!!!!"

When he told me I had Interstitial Cystitis, I mention that my ophthalmologist had just informed me that I had dry eyes and asked if they could be related. Told him about my undiagnosed AI and all. He tells me "they" don't really know what causes IC.

Well, next time I see him, I'm going to bring it up and let him know that IC is strongly associated with SS...Who knows, it may help someone else down the line?