Author Topic: Tremors  (Read 6019 times)

Shashi11962

Tremors
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »
One of my first symptoms four years ago was tremors. My hands started it back then, then my legs, now my head shakes, and at times I have internal tremors that feel like my own personal earthquake. These tremors seem to be worse when I'm really stressed out, tired, or oddly enough, after I take a hot shower.

Are tremors typical of Sjogren's? I do have other neurological stuff going on too.

Thanks and hugs!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:59:04 AM by Shashi11962 »

navydad

Re: Tremors
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
throughout the day I will get body tremors,, some brought on by cold,, by heat,, or jsut some stress,,but lately in bed,, my legs will tremble for a good half hour,,, I swear its the dog at times shaking,, but its not him,, so who knows,,,

BonusMom

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
Thanks for posting this.  In the last six months I have developed tremors in my hands and legs and was also wondering if it is related to SjS?

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
One of my first symptoms four years ago was tremors. My hands started it back then, then my legs, now my head shakes, and at times I have internal tremors that feel like my own personal earthquake. These tremors seem to be worse when I'm really stressed out, tired, or oddly enough, after I take a hot shower.

Are tremors typical of Sjogren's? I do have other neurological stuff going on too.

Thanks and hugs!

I am not a medical professional but I had read that many years ago they diagnosed MS by giving people a hot shower and seeing the results after as their symptoms appeared worse after a hot shower. I would bring this up to your doctor. Not saying that it could be related to MS since Sjogrens simliar but you should be checked out.

Shashi11962

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:23 PM »

I am not a medical professional but I had read that many years ago they diagnosed MS by giving people a hot shower and seeing the results after as their symptoms appeared worse after a hot shower. I would bring this up to your doctor. Not saying that it could be related to MS since Sjogrens simliar but you should be checked out.

Hi YYC_Mommy. I've actually been tested for MS over the past four years. My doctors were almost certain that I had it, but there are no lesions on any of my MRIs. After four years, my neurologist felt like maybe we were on the wrong track. It's my ENT though who suspects Sjogren's because I have chronic parotitis in my right parotid gland which has been there for over a year.  I guess we'll see if she is right or not.