Author Topic: Lip Biopsy Healing Process  (Read 31909 times)

oliverid5

Re: Lip Biopsy Healing Process
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
I had my lip biopsy done on 11/10/2014.  I couldn't eat solid food (like chicken, beef, etc.) for a week and even then had to stick in small bite-sized pieces.  After about a week that was fine, but still a bit sore.  Now at 12/01/2014, I have no pain at the site, but I still have profound numbness and a little nodule at the biopsy site, which the oral surgeon told me could take up to a year to resolve.  No big deal, especially knowing the that biopsy confirmed my diagnosis of Sjogren's.

ashler

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »
I had my lip biopsy done on 11/10/2014.  I couldn't eat solid food (like chicken, beef, etc.) for a week and even then had to stick in small bite-sized pieces.  After about a week that was fine, but still a bit sore.  Now at 12/01/2014, I have no pain at the site, but I still have profound numbness and a little nodule at the biopsy site, which the oral surgeon told me could take up to a year to resolve.  No big deal, especially knowing the that biopsy confirmed my diagnosis of Sjogren's.

yes, I also have that node at the biopsy site. but I also have an infection there which I shouldn't have 3 weeks after surgery. will go tomorrow to check what is this.

thanks.
Male, born in 1977. sicca symptoms started in June 2012 (I was 35). White coated tongue. Macroglossia. Salivary glands disorded confirmed. Lip biopsy results match the Grade 2 of the Chisholm & Mason criteria.
Tongue photos http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/list/2076759

SjoGirl

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:08 PM »
As someone noted, we're all different. The person who did my biopsy was learning, no numbing my lip before she started, stiches became ingrown, etc. so I was miserable. It took about six months to heal.

I will never have another one because my rheumy said it really wasn't necessary given my symptoms. I will say that I did finally heal and have no permanent problems as a result of the biopsy (which was negative).

Hopefully you will heal quickly and well.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

ashler

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 03:14:46 AM »
today I went with the oral surgeon because there's a node/cyst in the biopsy area. the doctor said it's indeed a cyst (I think the word he used was "Mucous Cyst") and that it will have to be removed. in other words I will have another surgery next week :(

does this happened to any of you? all this seems to be a nightmare.
Male, born in 1977. sicca symptoms started in June 2012 (I was 35). White coated tongue. Macroglossia. Salivary glands disorded confirmed. Lip biopsy results match the Grade 2 of the Chisholm & Mason criteria.

ashler

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 06:51:29 AM »
anyone?

oliverid5

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 07:48:52 AM »
Mine seems to get smaller each day.  It is definitely not infected by any means.  Sorry you have to go through this.

ashler

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »
Mine seems to get smaller each day.  It is definitely not infected by any means.  Sorry you have to go through this.

but now they want to surgically remove that "cyst". is this normal after a biopsy? anyone went through a similar experience? I can't believe I need to go through a biopsy again.